Denied Xao's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Xao_Acroheart, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Xao_Acroheart

Xao_Acroheart Active Member
    Donator

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?
    I use Teamspeak every day, and I'd be able to get on it for more time every day.

Do you enjoy helping other people?
    I love helping others, I want to make people happy and of course helping others is also a nice thing todo!

Are you willing to test your stress?
    Yes, this time around I definitely believe I've matured to a standard where I can keep my anger to a minimum.

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.
    I have around 480 hours across multiple steam names.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?
    If learning new ways to deal with situations, count me in. I always will take in new ideas that will help me out.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?
    No, I don't have any problem with the current staff team.

Requirements:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:129174258

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/XaoAcroheart/

Current in game alias: Junior Ensign Fangs (SOD), SSG 6072 Xao (501ST), Knight Delt Acroheart (JEDI)

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 7

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?
    Me becoming a moderator will decrease the workload for other staff members, and I will be ready to fill in for any staff members that are busy.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?
    I use Teamspeak nearly all of the afternoon.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do? I would first go into no-clip mode and find an isolated area to bring the user (!bring user). I would question the player why was he RDMing and insulting others. I'd give him a warn (!warn user reason) for RDMing and for disrespectful behaviour. I'd say if he is caught RDMing again there will be more severe punishment such as a day ban.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?
    I would first bring the group of users to an isolated area on the Venator and ask if they have any evidence of such claims. If they do have screenshots or any other kind of evidence then I could very well warn them for RDMing and Clibswep abuse. If they have no evidence to back their claims I would ask for a trustworthy bystander that is well known on the server and if they have seen things I would warn them for the same reason. I would bring the other user to a different spot and send the others to their previous position. I would ask the user for their side of the story. If it turns out that there was no rule breaking in the first place I would leave the situation alone.

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?
    I would permaban him and stated threatened to Ddos the server. If the person really wants to actually play the server I would say appeal on the Gateway Gaming forums.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context of the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?
    I would pm both the Commander and Lieutenant if their argument is an in-character argument for RP. if it is an RP argument I would leave it alone and sit by. If it isn't id ask both of them to stop arguing in debrief and if they want to continue for whatever reason, you can do it via steam messages. If they continue to argue and ignore all my past sayings I would warn both of them.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?
    I would bring a sergeant to train the cadet but watch the training and if it doesn't seem like he isn't minging id go away. If he is just minging I'd kick him and say that he had to intent to RP and can come back if he wishes to play seriously.

#1 Xao_Acroheart, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Janda

Janda Active Member
    Donator

I suggest maybe going a little more in-depth if possible. I know your intentions are well and you are extremely dedicated to the server. Something for you to improve on would be making an effort to be seen as a little more known. See you around, +1

3. Xao_Acroheart

Donator

Cheers for the feedback, ill definitely go in more detail with some of my responses

4. Nails

Nails Member
    Donator

Neutral
    I do sorta know you, but I don't ever seeing you fitting this role. Even though this is your 4th mod app you to not really change since your previous one. I might change my decision if you prove me wrong

5. Haz

Haz Member
    Donator

I have nothing against you however I've not noticed you on the server. Not saying you don't play it's just you might be very quiet. I believe you should start talking with more people to get to know some others and build up a reputation. This will help with your app greatly.

My vote is subject to change, no hard feelings

6. Xao_Acroheart

Donator

Very well, ill get out there and talk with others. Thanks for the feedback

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dust

Dust Senior Admin
    Senior Admin Community Benefactor

This man has tried and tried again, He has been with this community for a significant amount of time with breaks here and there, This guy can handle and do a lot of hard tasks that come before him, and from being his commander in SOD I think he has the potential to become a good staff with the right guidance of course.

+1

8. Deadly

Deadly Well-Known Member
    Donator

I'm not sure what attempt we're up to but I think Xao is finally ready. I think with the proper mentor he will flourish in this role. +1

9. Zombie

Zombie Senior Admin
    Senior Admin

Xao, even with you being a lot younger compared to many of the other Applications I can say that my interactions (Not many) with you have been very pleasant. You follow the rules and try to assist when its needed, not to mention the efforts of your in game role too. However, I feel that you still have some growing of maturity, Therefore, I am going to give you a +1 but kinda leaning towards Neutral. Best of luck and keep up the good work.

10. Lupus

Lupus Server Manager
    Server Manager

Denied
    User has stopped playing the server