Accepted {TS3} Dusts Application

Discussion in 'Team speak Resolved Applications' started by Dust, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dust

Dust Guest

I'd also like to state that i like to ride alpacas into woolies to get 30 packs of coca cola ay.

Steam Name:

(GG) Cheeky Brandos (Dust)

Link to steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043028948/

Steam Id:

STEAM_1:0:41381610

Explain how active you will be:

I am on pretty much all the time in more simpler terms 3:00 pm to 11pm

How are you going to make a change to our Teamspeak?:

I would make sure everyone has the correct tags firstly, But do everything and anything I can possible to assist those who need it in teamspeak, And do any task given to me to a good level and perform however needed of me, Changing teamspeak to be a more organised environment.

Staff experience I have:

I currently have the experience of being an admin on the server and the lower staff roles below admin also, I also have had multiple staff roles on other servers.

How would you deal with someone who is being bullied on TS3?

So firstly I would investigate all parties involved and find out who is currently involved with the issue, Then
    I would bring the person who was the victim to explain what has happened, I would then ask for any possible evidence like voice recordings if they had such a thing.

I then would go to the accused bully's and asked questions like have they been in this channel with this individual and such and just getting a general basis if they have made contact with this individual, then i would notify them that I have had reports of them bullying from the victims name and that I am currently investigating if these stories are true or not.

I then would bring them into a channel with me and explain to the rules of teamspeak and our community as a whole and notify all of them bullying is not ok, I then if the bullying did happen or not deal with the situation accordingly via a warning or ban depending on what had happened, I then would watch the two of the individuals of a set period of time to see if they do something like this again.

Explain some of the administrative features of TS3 and when they're used
    appropriately.

Tags, They are used to display the users job, position or role in the community for all people in the teamspeak to see.

Ban, When an individual repeats to do the same thing they have been warned for in the past like bullying for example a ban might be given out, a ban serves to disable for the individual to come into the teamspeak for the set given amount of time.

Kick, This is used to kick someone out the teamspeak, This may be used because someone had been breaking the teamspeaks guidelines and rules.

There is also avatar deletion, Dragging people to different channels and other tools like that.

Why I should be chosen? (we recommend around 50 words).

I am on the server / teamspeak constantly. I respond to messages nearly instantly that require me and im quick to act, I also will deal with an issue if it represents itself with me, I am also currently staff on the server so I have experience with staffing the server.

Make a situation for a user breaking a rule, Then explain how you will fix this. [THE MORE DETAIL, THE BETTER THE APPLICATION]

So one day in the teamspeak server I hear a report about a individual who has played the server for a decent amount of time and has become known in the community becoming abusive and annoying to others in their channel.

When I hear these reports I drag the individual who made the report and ask if they may know why they have been doing this and if they have proof, in any case i would then move the culprit in and tell them I have heard reports about their behaviour lately and ask why they are acting like this, if the individual seemed apologetic and confessed about the situation I would give them a warning to not do so again or there will be punishment, if the individual is abusive and annoyed about the situation and denies it I would tell them that they should relax and not take this situation as badly as they are and tell them I am going to move them out so they can calm down.

So in the case of the apologetic situation: If the individual was moved out and after a while I heard about it again by the same people and had been given proof a long with it, no matter how apologetic they are I would ban them from the teamspeak and tell them to appeal the ban at the forums as they have ignored what I told them and lied to me showing that they have no interest to being mature in the teamspeak channel.

So in the case of the angry situation: If it came to me that the individual was in fact innocent and that the person who made the report mixed up names I would bring the angry individual into my channel and apologise for any inconvenience that this may of caused them and that I was only doing the job that was given to me, And that as long as they have done nothing wrong and act mature that he would have nothing to worry about in the future in any case and should take these scenarios in the future in a more calm and collective tone.

So in resolution dealing with the case quickly and effectively is important to stop the situation from escalating to something bigger, and that as someone who must see to these things it's always important to have a level head and see both perspectives to the situation, as if you deal with the situation with fairly and well the people involved with the report will be more pleased with you and your job would be done to a satisfactory level, which is always a important thing.

Who owns this server?

Stooge

#1 Dust, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nails

Nails Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Good old Nails is here to make a comment

Ok. Dust I think you are a great admin on the server and every time I've talk'd to you, you have been really great. But I don't think many other people can say that. Sure you are great and all in-game but in TS it's like you go in your channel and don't move. I would love to go +1 but I need to go Neutral because you need to be more social on TS, Get out there and have some fun.

Good Luck on your Application

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Omo

Omo Moderator
    Moderator Donator Map Developer

Dust, I'd like to see you be more social within the Teamspeak, since you're going to be Teamspeak Admin at the moment I sort of see you just sit in your room alone or with your mates. This also comes at a bit of an odd time, to be honest since you're pushing for Senior Admin, this application makes you seem power hungry, not that you are, but obviously, from an outsider's PoV, you can understand what I'm talking about? My other criticism is that you can be very controlling with your sits and how you want them to go, you can also be sort of aggressive, I'd advise toning it down a little.

Neutral leaning towards a -1 for now - Willing to change this once your Senior Admin application has been accepted or denied. As well as seeing you improve on some of the criticisms that I've pointed out in this reply.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Guy Teamspeak Guy Donator

I asked dust to apply for TS admin as he's resolved staff issues in the past on Teamspeak leaving himself open to newer players so that they may voice their opinion. I also would like to see a staff member who is aware of current server events being a ts admin. Although its good to have unbiased opinions I also like to have someone in the team who knows whats going on in terms of drama.

Ts admin really isn't any more power than giving tags and being a voice in arguments. I think you could easily do this while also being an admin, in fact I think the rank of TS admin and Admin goes hand in hand.

I've seen how he takes sits and it's very much how I take them myself. Trying to be fair, seeing all sides and asking for evidence.

Overall a +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Santa

Santa Well-Known Member
    Donator

Being social doesn't put you into a good position for teamspeak admin. It's more.

-Can this person be trusted
    -Can he be mature enough
    -Can he be active enough
    -Can he handle the situations well

It should mean nothing wether he's social or not to get the position. As long as he responds to people's calls for help, everything should be fine.

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dust

Dust Guest

Would really appreciate some more feedback on this application.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

+1

I'd like to see dust interacting with more people on Teamspeak and this is a great way to go about it. He's good at being an admin on the server and more than capable of applying the same skills into Teamspeak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

As loff mentioned Dust is a exceptional admin on the server, and when you really think it about this is in the same vain only difference is your not in a actual game.
    Of course there is always talk about dust only communicating with a certain friend group but tbh we all do that so I dont really see the problem.
    Given the chance i reckon dust could be just as a TS admin as he is a server admin
    +1 and good luck mate!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Guy Teamspeak Guy Donator

Accepted.
    Please find me on Teamspeak and I'll give you a tag plus answer any questions you have.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.