Tops' Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Tops, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Tops

Tops New Member

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?

Yes i'm always on the Teamspeak, even when im not playing on the server.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes i am always happy to train a cadet or help a new player.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Jamal/45.121.211.150:27400/

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes i'm always looking for ways to improve.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:71289875

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102845479/

Current in game alias:

Tops

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

I would say around a 6-7.

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?

I am a very active member of the community so i will always be around if someone needs me. Being in the Coruscant Guard i am put into a lot of similar situations and a lot of the time i cannot resolve them because it goes beyond RP for example Cadets refusing to be trained or a player RDMing and it will let me be able to help out more instead of asking others to sort it out.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

I use the Teamspeak everyday

Situations:​

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would first goto !goto (name) and assess what is going on, then i would use /logs, if what was reported was true i would use !bring (name) above the Venator so i can find out why they are RDMing/insulting and have a chat about their behaviour. After that i would !warn (name) RMDing/ Insulting other players then !return (name) i would keep tabs on the player and if they continue to RDM/ Insult others i would give the player a short ban.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

Firstly i would ask the accusing players if they have any evidence and also use /logs, if true i would tell them that I will sort it out and that they may return to what they were doing until they may be needed.Then i would !bring (name) the accused player above the Venator, if the player had been RDMing i would !warn (name) RDM, if the player had been Climb Swep abusing i would give them a verbal warning, if the player continues i would !warn (name) Climb Swep Abuse.

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would start by !bring (name) above the Venator and discuss if the player was joking or not and that a Ddos threat is not a joke, if the player was joking they would still face the consequences of a short ban !ban (name, time, reason). If the player was serious they would immediately be banned and i would report it to a Senior Staff member.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would !bring (name) both users above the Venator and discuss the situation with both of them, after that i would explain what they were doing in briefing is not acceptable especially from their rank, once the argument has been resolved i would !return (name) both users.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

I would !bring (name) back to the training room and explain that they need to be trained by a SGT+ before they can leave, i would train the Cadet myself and if he is willing to be trained i would monitor him and make sure he isn't breaking any server rules. If the Cadet is not willing to be trained i would give him a verbal warning and if he continues i would !ban (name) (1d) (No intent to RP, come back tomorrow if you wish to RP again!).

• Like Like x 4
    • what the juice what the juice x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Richard

Richard Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Admin Donator

I used to work with you in 5th fleet and still talk with you whenever I give you tools and stuff. Great attitude, very responsible and can handle groups of people. Also having that CG mentality will make you a better mod since you can easily switch from kind to strict when it is needed. Great guy and I hope you get it!

+1

3. Otis

Otis Event Master
    Event Master Donator

I've been waiting for this...
    Your actions as CG show that you are a mature and chill guy who follows the rules which is the perfect fit for someone looking to go for the role as mod. Couldn't think of a better candidate!
    +1

4. Yoho

Yoho New Member

Very cool and understandable guy and is mature and follows the rules and still has a good time. And is a outstanding member of cg, perfect for the position of mod.

+1

#4 Yoho, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. Just Duck

Just Duck Member
    Donator

+1
    Shows that he is capable within CG, He Would be a great addition to the Moderator Team.

#5 Just Duck, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  6. Beatroot

Beatroot Admin
    Admin

+1.
    Yello,
    Overall as a player, you are extremely active & well presented. You spend your time on the server committing to your role as CG & do a pleasant job there. You also train a lot of new players & always jump to training cadets even if not asked or required. You are very helpful when needed & seem to constantly aim to prove yourself. I have spoken to you on TS a few times & you have been nothing but kind & considerate. You have the right attitude & mindset to become a competent member of the staff team & I feel you would be a fine addition once the apps reopen. Also, great work with your efforts on Minecraft some quality builds coming from you Ling & Rhino.
    Continue on the righteous path and don't let anything bring you down or temp you away from this road of glory.
    Good luck with your application Tops.

-Beatroot!

(Edit: There was another point I wanted to bring up but I have completely forgotten. If I can remember it in the next coming days I will add it to this "Edit" section.)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

+1
    Active, sentient player who deserves a shot at Moderator. Done good work with CG and seems to be a pretty cool guy

please curbstomp jack b at school tomorrow
    EDIT: alternatively shave his head

#7 Magnus, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

although I've only come back and started playing I have to say from what I've seen this guy is legit.
    He seems to be doing well in his role of CG so he obviously has a good understanding of the servers rules. He seems dedicated to his positions as well as the server.
    The App itself seems to be very well detailed, good formatting where the colors don't strain the eyes too much and nice use of commands for his questions, overall a great mod app.
    I give this a +1, best of luck mate!

9. Haz

Haz Member
    Donator

If I’m not mistaken a DDoS threat is a straight permanent ban, no questions asked. (unless they changed it)

Other than this, you seem like a good candidate worthy of a trial.

+1

10. Remi

Remi Well-Known Member
    Donator

The few interactions with you that I've had have only been positive and I think you'd make a great fit to the team. +1

11. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

I have only played a few days now, but I have met tops he and seems like a vew friendly folk, +1.

Regards, Beef.