Sledge/Gree Moderator App

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Evoz, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Evoz

Evoz Active Member
    Donator

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?

I only use the Gateway Teamspeak 2 or 3 times a week as I use a private one, however I am willing to be on it everyday so people can find me.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

I often enjoy helping everyone on the server that I interact with but mainly new players. My main focus group that I love helping is 7th Sky Corps when I am Obi-Wan Kenobi as I often impart my wisdom onto them.

Are you willing to test your stress?

I have dealt with many stressful situations before on the server, the most stressful being the time I had to demote Tringee. It was the most painful and strenuous process I've ever been through but in the end it worked out.

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.

I have over 2000 hours on the server all up and I've been playing for around 3-4 months now since my return.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

I certainly am. The server has definitely evolved in terms of staffing since I last was a staff member and I believe that I will have to adapt to the new ways of the server and handling situations. I would be very keen to do so :).

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

Negative.

Requirements:

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:95485603

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EvozPlayz

Current in game alias: Obi-Wan Kenobi / Gree

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 8

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?: I believe that I can impact the community by being an extremely active staff member and providing assistance to all those that need it. I notice that sometimes moderators are not on in the early/late hours and I believe I can help fill that gap.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?: As stated above, I mainly use it 2-3 times a week but I am willing to be active on it everyday if that is what is required.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would take this call into consideration as fast as possible. I would !TP (RDMer) and !jail (RDMer) I would then !TP (USER) I would then continue the sit outside of the ship because I don't want to disturb the fellow RP of others. While outside the ship I would ask one by one what happened, if anyone spoke without asking I would tell them to be quiet if they wouldn't comply then !Gag (USER) that isn't helping. While asking each individual I would ask for any witnesses, after getting the name of the witness I would !TP (Witness) and ask them what happened while the other two would not speak. After getting further information from the witness I would then go on to ask the RDMer if he has any reason to kill the User, if he didn't have any reason to kill him/her and it was just for fun I would then take the sit into my hands and either give him a verbal warning to not RDM (Random Death Match) anyone and place him back. If he continues to RDM I would !TP (RDMer) back to outside the ship and !ban (RDMer) for RDM, Continued to RDM when told not too.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

I would respond to the call and !TP (USERS) outside the ship to my position and tell them to chill and that we can sort this out, after telling them that I would move on to my job and !TP (RULE BREAKER) I would then !jail (RULE BREAKER) and I would then ask for silence so I can move on. Firstly I would gather information from both parties about what happened, if one did not comply or speak over one another they would be !gag (user). After getting the evidence or information I needed I would then move on to the next step which is the punishment. If the group of people were lying to get this user into trouble I would have a brief word about it and then tell them not to do it again or consiquences will occur. On the other hand if they're right and the rule breaker was breaking rules I would give him a verbal warning about not to do it e.g. he was climb swep abusing I would say "Okay, I have heard and have gathered evidence that you have broken this rule this will mean you need to stop hitting people with climb swep. If you don't stop doing this then I will have to bring further punishment into this, so please do the right thing and stop, thankyou". After I have finished the sit I would !Return (USERS) to their original positions and move on with my day.

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

I will take action immediately and !tp (user) to the top of the Venator. After having him up with me I would ask for silence and would tell him "why did you threaten to DDoS the server?" he would give me a reason on why he did this and if it was for a joke or not. I would move on and tell him "Threatening to DDoS is against the rules and is a very big punishment even if it is a joke" he would listen if not I would !gag (user) so he would be made too. After telling him about not to joke around with this type of stuff or it will get you in serious trouble he should comply but if he wouldn't then I would have to !ban (user) for Threaten to DDoS, Not listening to Mod. If the sit went differently and he was to not joke and it was a serious matter I would !tp (user) to the top of the Venator and immediately take action and !Ban (user) for Threatened to DDoS, after banning him I would contact a higher up (Owner/Co-Owner) and tell them the situation and how I took it.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would stand and !noclip to the top of the Venator and !tp (USERS) to my position, I would then tell them to be quiet so I can ask what is happening if they wouldn't listen and speak over me !gag (user) would occur. After getting to know why they are fighting I would tell them to not fight in the front of the debrief because it is childish and not okay to let everyone in the server know what is happening. I would tell them to chill and calm down so I can speak and get the situation dealt with. After speaking with them and getting the information I would try and get them to calm themselves and forget about what happened for the better of the server. I would say "We don't want anyone to act like that infront of the server as it gives not just you a bad name, it gives the whole regiment a bad name". Hopefully they would listen and hug it out so we can move on. If they kept arguing I would tell them to stop or punishment will happen since it's not acceptable. After a while if they continued I would inform the Owner/Co-Owner about the situation.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

I would respond and !tp (USER) to the top of the Venator, I would then ask why he is wondering around the ship and not listening to troopers. I will tell him "Don't go around the ship since it says in spawn to stay here and wait for a trainer" I would !tp (user) to the CR spawn for him to get trained. I would wait for a trainer if not myself after a bit, I would then tell him not to act immature and listen to the trainer and don't run away from spawn or he will be dealt with a harsher punishment, hopefully he would comply and do what he was asked and move on, if he was to run away or minge again I would then take action and !ban (USER) for Not Listening to mod, Runaway CR, Minge.

• what the juice what the juice x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Tanker

Tanker Forum Addict
    Donator

I don't think you'd be good as staff.

• Fried Unit Fried Unit x 1
    • Quality Post Quality Post x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Johan Nose

Johan Nose Active Member
    Donator

+1 is a og and is good

• Like Like x 1
    • YEET YEET x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

good memories xoxo

• call the police call the police x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager Donator

i can't tell if taking the piss or not

• Quality Post Quality Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member
    Donator "Map Developer"

yeh fuck it +1, after all.... "everyone deserves a shot"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

+1 Just realised who you are and has been taking responsibility with a regiment, acting pretty mature

8. Rein/Shockwave

Rein/Shockwave Active Member

+1 A veteran to the server and a good one at that. This is a no brainer and would improve the staff team overall.

I watched Evoz when he was Niner. He did excellent. He made it to Captain and did help with the RC and ARC connecting once again. (Correct me if I'm wrong as I've been away to see anything.)

He's a great person, I enjoy his personally and love his leadership skills. You want a great staff member? Just give this man T-Mod.

#8 Rein/Shockwave, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  9. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member
    Donator

+1 Shepard would be a great addition to the staff team

• Winner Winner x 1