Sharps Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Sharp/Lemony, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Sharp/Lemony

Sharp/Lemony Member

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?

Yes

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.

300 on Gametracker but I don't think it's accurate because my mod application in 2016 had 600 and in 2016 I played almost everyday for 3 months, my first 600 hours on gmod was on gateway.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:46825284

Steam Profile Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053916297

Current in game alias:

Sharp

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

6-7

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?

I've been around for a long time and seen the good and bad of the server. I'd like to help the staff team with any current or future problems and make sure everyone in the community is happy. I'm also open to learning new ways of dealing with situation and if needed giving my opinion on how people could improve and what they are good at. I've also had a fair bit of experience in staff team work for example Arma 2 and other Star Wars RP Servers.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yes​

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would use ulx commands either !goto, !bring, !jail or !jailtp depending on how bad it is and then I'd have a talk to them about it ask why and tell them it's against the rules, then I'd show them the rule board just to refresh their memory of the rules. I'd then ask the other group that he was insulting/rdming for their side of the story and then If everything was correct from what I heard in the first place I'd then give the player that was rdming/insulting the others a warning or a !ban depending on how many times he's been warned.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

I separate the users from the person that had been rdming and climb swep abusing then I ask both the group and the person being accused what happened and if they have any evidence of what happened. I would then check Awarn I then would also talk to the players and the accused player I would make a decision based on the evidence I had. If the accused actually did what the report was made for being rdm and climb swep abuse I would warn or ban him based on how many warnings he has.

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would use !goto to go to the player that was making the threats and ask him if he was joking, if so I would give him a warning and tell him not to make those sorts of jokes as it is against the server rules and I would then take him to the rule board to make sure he knows all the rules. If he continued to threaten to Ddos then I would inform a higher ranking staff member of the user and !ban him permanently.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would tell them to stop the argument, If they continued I'd separate the two and figure out what's going on between the two by talking to both of them in private and anyone else that might have seen what happened. I would then try to fix the problem between them and once I have got both the Commander and Lieutenant to calm down I would let them get back to what they were doing. If I got a report or found them fighting again then I would warn both of them and tell them to stop.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

First I'd say sorry for the wait then I would call a sergeant to come train him then I would use !cloak and !noclip and watch the training if he continued to minge I'd give him a verbal warning and continue watching If after training he started rdming or broke other rules I'd give him a warning and I'd take him to the rule board to make sure he knew the rules. After I'd continue to follow him around for a bit using !cloak and in !noclip and if he continued I'd warn him up to 3 times if he continued after that I'd give him a !ban for a time dependent on what he had been warned for in the past.​

#1 Sharp/Lemony, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Otis

Otis Event Master
    Event Master Donator

Judging your app alone, it looks rather rushed. Some answers are explained with little to no detail and it’s visually not very pleasing to look at.
    Disregarding that, you seem like a nice guy but I personally don’t know too much about you. Due to this I will not be voting but recommending you change up your application for further replies.
    I wish you luck on your app.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Richard

Richard Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Your time in 212th has shown me your maturity and activity. Especially how I heard you were one of the 91st commanders back in 2016 and how you lead literally all events for 212th. You never mistreat people but never let people get away with too much. So it's a big ol' +1 from me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cents

Cents Member

first of all, differentiate the questions/scenarios from the answers with colouring, but still you have demonstrated your knowledge of ULX commands and you've coloured these commands in.
    Secondly, it's a +1 from me, purely because even though you were a SGT in 212th, you still helped out a great part with 212th by constantly training cadets, sorting out the 212th Roster with me by making reports of every troopers activity, and being active overall and having the maturity and responsible sense to boot with it.

Good luck bud.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sharp/Lemony

Sharp/Lemony Member

Otis I respect your opinion and before I start I'd like to say something since I haven't talked to you much so I wanted to say thanks for being a good Event Master in the time I've been back but I just wanted to say that an application should not have to be visually pleasing for example do you colour your job application. Anyway thanks for the reply and keep up the good work man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Otis

Otis Event Master
    Event Master Donator

Thank you for the comment. Basing off that, it seems like you don’t really care too much about colouring in your app which is fine btw you don’t have too. Another thing I should have mentioned was formatting. Little things like making the questions bold makes it a lot easier to read (plus most people would do something to this extent on job applications). I understand that you have spaced your answers and questions but it just looks a lot neater when things are underlined or bold. If you do not wish to make it more pleasing that is completely fine just keep in mind it hurts the eyes more to read when it’s late at night ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sharp/Lemony

Sharp/Lemony Member

Fair enough with the underling and bolding of certain things thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ringo

Ringo Member
    Donator

Just from reading the 212th roster last week we'll saw how much dedication you put towards the regiment and the server etc training cadets, tryouts. I've been around on Gateway for a while and most of the old players know how good you were as Ponds and when you got demoted there were riots, you were just one of those Commanders who actually deserved the rank but you never got it. Even though is this extremely bias, I have been one of Sharp's friends since 2016, Sharp is a good leader and Staff member I have seen him be staff on multiple servers on every server how does a good job he is the most unbias person I have ever met from banning close friends to helping players after they have ruined something of Sharps. Sharp always stays unbias in any situation. Sharp also holds great skills and knowledge within Moderating and Administrating. I +1 his application.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Has made his fair share of unnecessary comments over the course of the week(s) (previously stated Months which was admittedly incorrect and not thought out, but corrected after Sharp Discord messaged me to discuss my -1) I've seen him around. I feel there's a difference between being outspoken; and making possibly conflict-provoking comments in OOC chat. As a moderator, having a habit of making comments that are seen as (excuse my french) bitchy, and generally negative, will not be a good image in the long run.

Once I see a change in this behaviour I'll +1.

Edit: After hearing of his behaviour and what he has said about me in-game towards other players (due to me -1'ing his application) behind closed doors following both this post and a private Discord conversation started by Sharp between him and myself (both of which out of respect I will not disclose), I maintain my -1 as I personally do not believe someone who acts like this is deserving of the role of moderator.

Edit 2: Sharp has personally approached me to talk after the previous edit was made, again I wont disclose. -1 subject to change.

#9 Noceur, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member

Seeing you lead practically every event, seeing you train all the cadets that come rolling in and me being attentive of you experience as a Commander formerly on gateway and your knowledge of previously being a staff member on other servers, I advocate for your implementation as a moderator on this server. You're mature and you bear respect from a lot of players on this server.

It's a +1 from me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thiccen Little

Thiccen Little Well-Known Member
    Donator

SHARP? AS IN VINIS SHARP? HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    +1

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ren

Ren Forum Addict
    Donator

+1
    From what I have seen of you, you are active and a mature player most of the time. I would like to see you get a chance at TMOD