Ren's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Ren, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Ren

Ren Forum Addict
    Donator

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?
    Yes I do use Teamspeak, I am on it most days

Do you enjoy helping other people?
    Yes I do

Are you willing to test your stress?
    Yes I am

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.
    In total I have roughly 1202 hours on the server

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?
    Yes I am

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?
    No I don't

Requirements:

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:54169000

Steam Profile Link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/generalreneral/

Current in game alias:
    Grand Master Yoda

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

Probably a 6-7

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?
    If I were to become a moderator, the community would have an experienced staff member that they can rely on for whatever problems that they may have.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?
    Yes I do, most days

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?
    First of all, I would !jailtp [name] to a quiet part of the map (the top of the ship for example) and discuss their actions of RDMing and insulting others. From here I would !warn [name] RDMing / Insulting other players and then !return [name] while still keeping an eye on their actions. Should they continue to insult other users/RDM, I would then proceed to !ban [name] [time] [reason].
    2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?
    I would ask the users reporting this to provide evidence of the accused breaking server rules. If sufficient evidence is provided that shows that the accused user was indeed breaking the rules, I would !tp [name] to a secluded area of the map and explain that what they were doing was wrong and against the rules, from there I would !warn [name] Climb Swep Abuse / RDM. Should the user continue to break server rules, it would result in a short ban.

In the event that the reporting users, do not have any evidence, I would check the server logs to find any details of the accused user RDMing people, If nothing was to be found, I would explain that I cannot do much without evidence of them breaking server rules.

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?
    I would start by !tp [name] to the top of the ship and have a discussion as to why they would threaten to DDOS the server, explaining that whether it was a joke or not, a DDOS threat is not taken lightly and that they would have to face consequences for such, the user would get a ban for a short period of time if it was meant as a joke whereas if it was serious, I would !ban [name] 0 DDOS Threat and report to the senior/executive staff.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?
    I would !tp both users to an isolated part of the map and discuss the situation with both of them, from there I would explain that what they were doing is not acceptable and that they are supposed to be role models on the server being high ranking people. Once the argument had been resolved, I would !return both users back to debrief for them to continue playing.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?
    In this situation I would !tp [name] back to the training room and explain that they need to wait for a SGT+ to get here, Once a suitable person to train the cadet had arrived, I would !cloak ^ and watch over the training, if the cadet continues to minge I would verbally warn them. Should the cadet continue to minge, it would result in a !kick [name] No intent to RP or !ban [name] [time] No intent to RP if they were to come back and continue.

#1 Ren, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stooge

Stooge Community Director
    Community Director

Application re opened for discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Showed only a desire to fuck around when he returned to the server recently. Received bans in the past as to which were only recently lifted (Forums or not, it still reflects behavioral traits that are ultimately negative). Previous executive or not, it's pretty evident that there is a lack of desire to do what is in the interest of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

+1

For the giggles.

Jokes aside whilst he acts like a minge its only a defense to hide the fact he actually cares and honestly he'd have to really stuff up to make things any worse. Give him the chance to realise he wants to leave again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

I simply can't trust Ren.

Your mingy return to the server has left me giving you a -1.

You tried to create this app just a day after you were banned by me for 2 hours at the request of another senior admin. This senior admin had told me you were minging all day doing countless little things that are hard to punish but quickly annoying.

You know exactly how to piss people off and you do it more than you should.

I typically say good luck to everyone I write a response to but I truly don't want to see you in this role.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • PJ Salty PJ Salty x 1
  6. Deadly

Deadly Well-Known Member
    Donator

+1 You let dumber speds come back why not this asshole too

• YEET YEET x 2
    • Quality Post Quality Post x 1
  7. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Ren, in my eyes, you just don't have credibility anymore. You came back, sure. You screwed around, sure. You were banned and put on blast for your actions, sure. No judgement on that, you're responsible for your own actions despite the fact that I've seen rather argumentative and defensive behaviour from you. However, staff? No. Fix the attitude and the treatment towards others before even considering this step. I don't and won't trust someone who behaves like you do in a staff position nor truly feel fine working alongside you.

Should note that I don't intend to come across as harsh as this may sound with such a post, but I'm not sure how else to really put it.

Your behaviour has been, and is an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

+1

Good bloke, always did good as senior, when I was admin/Senior admin we'd always get together and communicate about future staff reports, T-MOD training, admin assistance and Executive assistance if it was needed.

If he can be a great Senior Admin. I'm sure he can be a T-mod for two weeks...

#CommunityOfSecondChances

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Mad-Max499

Mad-Max499 Member

Yo Ren mate, I don't know how you act on the server at the moment but from what I have seen previously, I say you should be given a shot. You an all rounded person, obviously you do have the experience as a staff member. Good Luck

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Evoz

Evoz Moderator
    Moderator Donator

You know what to do in all situations. You were co-owner and have also risen through the ranks numerous times. From my eyes I see there is no negative to giving you a trial. Like a wise gamer once said "Everyone deserves a second chance" - Ren has had second chances before but lets just say this is his real second chance ;D

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

Alright, You have been doing Amazingly Recently, I don't know why I didn't do this before but +1, You have been recently Yoda, and have been doing very good moves for the Jedi, I'm really enjoying your commitment lately.

Good Luck my Dude.

-Alien

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

You've been a minge in the past and have received multiple bans before. Thus, I cannot trust you to undertake a staffing role within the community. However, good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Remi

Remi Well-Known Member
    Donator

See I know you have the potential to do the job Ren but when you get bored of the server you go on minging rampages. And you know it too. You've reached high staffing ranks and when you get sick of doing the job it just doesnt end well. Sadly my friend I'm giving you a -1 until a later date as nothings really been proven to me that you will do otherwise.

14. Chicken Little

Chicken Little Well-Known Member
    Donator

Include feedback with a +1, -1 or neutral

#14 Chicken Little, Oct 15, 2018 at 11:43 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2018 at 2:28 PM