Possible Content Idea's

Discussion in 'Clone Wars Announcements' started by s8ncaat, Dec 1, 2018.

1. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

This is going to be a thread where you can post idea's on what content and changes we could potentially apply for in-game benefits.​

What we have in mind now:

In-game Content

• Defcon System - Ship Defcon levels, alerts troopers of threats and how to be ready.
    • Objective Marker - A prop that shows text through walls with a meter counter, to show troopers where the objective is.
    • Gamemode Changes & Optimization - New gamemode aspects and optimization to improve server performance.

• Quality Post Quality Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kel'Thun

Kel'Thun Senior Admin
    Senior Admin Donator

A section of the hud that only appears during events that displays the objectives

[​IMG]

#2 Kel'Thun, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Quality Post Quality Post x 1
  3. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

Can we comment on peoples ideas?

Edit

Defcon is fun right? It's lots of RP for the navy to decide what threats would classify into what number.

That's all great but the defcon system has been used in the past with almost no success and this is because players couldn't give two shits if its Defcon 1,2,3,4,5 or 69.

I suppose if you had some revolutionary idea for a Defcon maybe it could work however I doubt the players will care about a figure and maybe even navy wouldn't care. Most people that join navy are somewhat clueless and its almost always suggested that they go join a real reg because currently Navy is TRASH.

People are working on fixing navy but introducing a system which would require a stable and effective communication between navy players, I believe, won't work and would simply be a waste of your time creating a huge document about what each Defcon level means.

TL;DR: Not worth making the document for a Defcon system because nobody will follow it.

@s8ncaat

#3 Shenpai, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. s8ncaat

Community Manager

Sure, if it's constructive

5. Jyrus

Jyrus Member
    Donator

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217376234&searchtext=resizer

Prop + Collider resizer.

Event masters can resize props to fit so they don't have to stack another wall through the map, instead of 10 little boxes to make a wall just stretch out the one prop.

I personally used a previous version of this that only resized the prop and the hit box stayed the same. this is so much better in my opinion

I don't know its lag effects on servers so that's one thing that might need to be stress tested if being used

6. s8ncaat

Community Manager

When the level of Defcon would be displayed on your screen, I feel like people would be forced to care. Regarding Navy, I'm seeing improvements, It's been rough for a while and It's not just going to fix instantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rhino

Rhino New Member

With the new AOS system that was planned on being added, it would be cool for CG to have something like the mission objectives suggestion, where the current AOS is displayed on the hud. Would help with those cases where a chat message is missed or someone logs on after an AOS is called.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Red Crow

Red Crow Member
    Donator

I assume how that would work is when its reported to a CG with a high enough rank (lets say LT and above) if this plug in was added they could type a command like !AOS [player name] which then all CG have on their hud, a sound que and then the name appearing
    that would be interesting to say the least.

9. Nana

Nana New Member

So after reading the DEFCON suggestion I decided to make it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To change the DEFCONs you do !defcon then the number you want, the command currently is restricted so only people outside of the default ulx user group can use it. Id be happy to add some other things to the system if suggested.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

I feel like as well as having DEFCON on the screen it should under it what the defcon actually means
    example: DEFCON 1: Situation normal, or something like that
    lord knows I always get confused on what certain defcons actually mean and I dont think I'm the only one but i might be.
    food for thought

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. s8ncaat

Community Manager

I appreciate you going out of your way to work on this, however, we've got someone actually working on it and creating a proper UI for it etc, thank you though, perhaps you should consider looking into the developer application we have on the forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

On the SGT Training Manual I made last CO meeting is has the Defcon Meanings there and there is no need to write an ENTIRE document to explain something so simple. So if you need that Trainer manual poke me on ts or ask another commander, they should all have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

He is right you know, Defcon 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 is super simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

Some people get confused on which end is situation normal, and which end is OH NO RUN! Which is fair enough for those who are newer to the server or the concept of using Defcon.

Anyway, I agree that it should state on the UI what it is, in a short sentence, as to avoid confusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

Having a Short sentence stating what the defcon number means would kinda make it looked crowded, People correlate colour with different meanings, such as:
    Green - Very Good
    Lighter Green - Good
    Yellow - Ok
    Orange - Bad
    Red - Very Bad

That's honestly all you would need to help people under stand "Oh shit the Defcon is Red shits about to hit the fan" or "Defcons green, everything's chill"

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Martibo

Martibo Developer
    Developer

Could make a flashy UI where defcons 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 are Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Dark Red and defcons 3, 2 and 1 blink their colours to indicate its more severe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • what the juice what the juice x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. s8ncaat

Community Manager

Im sure people will understand the colors, Alluh made a good point

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

Not to mention the people who set that defcon 9/10 times will say something in PA or comms thats like "Be alert we have switched to defcon 2"

19. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

Exactly, it's not that hard to know when something bad is about to happen or is happening

• Agree Agree x 1