Phase 2 - ARF Commander (Trauma) Expression Of Interest

Discussion in 'Clone Wars Announcements' started by s8ncaat, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

Greetings all, If you have read the Phase 2 ChangeLog Post you might have noticed that I mentioned two new regiments being introduced that need Commanders. This post is going to provide a section for all of those who are interested in these roles to more or less apply for it.

Post Response On This Thread!

Prerequisites

○ You must be anywhere from Gunnery Sergeant - Officer
    OR
    You must have held the rank of Officer in the past.

○ You must have at least 75 hours of server play time

Profile Checklist

Your In-Game Name/Alias:
    In-Game Rank (If you've been an Officer previously, state here):
    Steam Profile Link:

Server Playtime (Use Gametracker):

Questions

Why should we pick you over the other suitable candidates?

What can you bring to the table that will enhance the experience of new troopers?

What direction will you take ARF and how will it be better than those applying around you?

In your own words, describe the role of ARF?

Expressions Of Interests Will Close On The 11/01/19

Good Luck To All!

#1 s8ncaat, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alex

Alex Admin
    Admin Donator

Profile Checklist

Your In-Game Name/Alias: Alex/Zia

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/1400999666/

Server Playtime (Use Gametracker): 1421.02

Questions

My main plus traits would be my activity and previous leadership skills. I've been an active member of the community since joining and only left
    for around three months then returning in September 2017 and haven't left since. Granted, I have never really been the core leader of a regiment. Most of my leadership comes from being s8ncaat's Fisto during the majority of his time as marshal commander Fox and have also been an ARC Lieutenant and multiple other officer ranks over my time on the server. I believe during my time as s8n's General I learned a majority of my skills and I even managed to achieve senior General which when Tupu and Alek's ran Jedi was quite a challenge for me. ARF doesn't only need someone with great leadership skills to take the lead it also needs someone who has developed a skill for in-game mechanics like climbswep etc, as an ARC trooper, you are expected to be one of the best skilled due to the time and dedication you put into passing the traineeship. Therefore, I believe that I have a skill level higher than most other candidates and regular players.

What can you bring to the table that will enhance the experience of new troopers?

I believe people joining ARF would want to join a "semi-serious elite regiment" What I mean by this is someone who wants to join something like ARC or even RC but doesn't want to put in all that effort, ARF could be a place for someone to train up skills and take what they've learned and moved those skills into a higher level regiment, I see ARF as a stepping stone for the elite. Although this may be one of the main points of ARF I will still run it as a regiment and not a training center. For those who want to progress through ranks and strive to become a high ranking ARF that will still be the main point of the regiment. I'm not trying to turn ARF into another Rancor I'm just saying that ARF can be a place where new and old players can learn skills they'd require to be considered the best. To clarify this doesn't mean I'm trying to make this a mini-ARC I'm trying to make something that's hard for you to get into that's more accessible to the general player base and I believe the way I'll run ARF will fit that perfectly.

What direction will you take ARF and how will it be better than those applying around you?

I believe my skill level and general interest in the role of Trauma ( I've been wanting to go ARF since phase 2 wasn't even announced)
    is higher than any other person applying for it. I will take ARF in a direction of skill and training. I want people in ARF to be some of the best on the server. I will take ARF in a way that allows people to learn skills used in elite regiments and put those skills to use in ARF and when they finally leave the regiment they can take away something from it. As stated in question two I will run ARF in a way that doesn't step on the toes of elite regiments but instead shows regular players a chance of joining something that takes a higher skill level that isn't too hard to achieve. I will also ensure that it stands out as the core recon regiment and try to take in a direction of actually doing things recon regiments where meant to do. I personally don't see any recon regiments do things like scouting, overwatch and other aspects of recon/marksmanship and I feel my time in ARC has taught me a lot about that type of RP as I went for the marksmen specialization when joining ARC. I personally believe I am one of the most capable of pulling off the role and I feel I am one of the best when it comes to recon roleplay as I spent a lot of time going through it and making my own documents, sheets etc

Advanced Recon Forces on the server are considered a recon ATRT/BARC operator regiment and that is how I will work the regiment as well as how I will train them, I feel the role of ARF is to be the highest standard recon regiment ( ARC is recon but they don't REALLY do only recon inlore and ingame) While other regiments like 91st and 41st seem to come and go I feel ARF should be the example recon regiment. It should be considered the baseline, strong and reliable recon regiment as well as the highest skill cap recon regiment.

P.S

Thank you to anyone that took the time to read this, some may think that I'll dip out of this role in 2 weeks like I have many other officer roles etc. This won't be the case, for the past 1-2 months, I've been waiting for ARF and really been thinking about how I'd run it properly. For the past few months, I've really wanted a commander position as it's one aspect of the server I haven't really touched yet and that's kind of rare for me. I've gotten the highest rank on Jedi apart from Yoda, made it ARC and got my goal of Null now I have few things left on the server to dedicate my time to. I feel a commander position would be a good place to put my energy.

#2 Alex, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree x 13
    • Like x 2
    • what the juice x 1
    • YEET x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. AvaryAce

AvaryAce Event Master
    Event Master Donator

Profile Checklist
    (this will continue to be updated as time goes on and I get more ideas of how to run ARF seeming most of my ideas are outdated and will not be included untill updated)
    Your In-Game Name/Alias:
    Senior General Vixie, Master Chief Spectre, Avary
    In-Game Rank (If you've been an Officer previously, state here):
    Was previously Marshal Commander Trauma, have been captain multiple times Currently Senior general
    Steam Profile Link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Avaryators
    Server Playtime (Use Gametracker):
    1162.12 According to game tracker.

Questions
    (The way this is formated. Green:question, Blue: Summery/Short answer, Grey: Answer)
    I have been trauma in the past, and all my non-jedi life on the server has been almost always with a sniper rifle between RC, Hound, ARF in regiments, ARF out of regiments and spec ops. (or in vehicles with that time I was engineers)
    To expand on why I would be better, I have been around in ARF and sniper roles for a lot longer and anyone else on the server, aswell as being a leadership role almost the entire time, since after week one on any Gmod server, I got WO in the first week and have been leading troopers in either a front 1st IC or advisory equivalent 1st IC since then, I ran 187th, my first regiment after week one due to all CPT+ never being on, I ran ARF for almost half a year due to ethli(the trauma at the time) Never being online, and eventually gaining trauma for my eforts. I had to give trauma up only due to the whitelist system at the time, I then carried on with jedi from then on in because ARF was removed.

Unique training made for ARF not seen in many other places, aswell as a stricter regiment to try out for.
    Unique training always leaves a lasting impression on newer players to the server, Even if they do not get into the regiment the one training session, or the multiple in a trainee-ship will make them think differently down the line on the server. More experiences, less stagnancy

If arf are not removed form regiments, standardized training for ALL ARF both in and out of regiments. If all ARF are inside of ARF, focusing away from climbswep a little and more on how to properly over-watch, spotting enemies about to agro and taking them out .
    Other things would be vehicle training, but that would be on the back foot, we are playing gmod, less entities the better for lag, if I was in charge it wouldn't be my troopers complaining for ATRTs or Speeders constantly unlike previous ARFs that where after mine, more of a privilege given to them time to time for 1, behavior, 2, necessity. If we do not need ATRTs why should we get them on mission where we don't need them would be the mindset of my ARF on vehicles. Higher ranking officers wouldn't be sniping, more spotting, shooting when theirs droids being missed but giving out ORDERS as officers should, watching for EM spawning commando droids, dropods falling form the sky, EM spawning on the flanks, EC movement, enemy flyers. and calling them out not only to the ARF but to the whole server in comms in a role play friendly way
    Trainee ships possibly, or a hard SPC rank promotion, where we focus on spotting threats to troopers and taking them out, droids that are about to open fire, and those currently opening fire, destroying those currently being threats, if a droid just stoped firing theirs a two second window before it fires again, destroy another droid before that one. Hitting fast movers such as ECs and Flying NPCs/ECs with their snipers would also be stressed as those are the highest threat things on the field.

Over-watch snipers, scouting force, and a support regiment, they are never the ones that shine out if all regiments are doing equally well but will keep those who do shine alive.
    They are exactly what ARF stands for, advanced recon force, Fast moving, Stealth, Overwatch, They are the ones on the flanks getting into positions to see the entire field at once, calling out enemy flanks, weaknesses, and positions. When it comes to the server the should be one of the more serious regiments, being under the seriousness of 612th but more than most over regiments, comparing it to ARC or RC is never a smart way to put it since they are so unique in the way they are handled. They would be well trained, and uniquely trained, using more IRL tactics such as spotters and realistic ATRT/Speeder usage

PS. Could we have an unbias discussion when it comes to this for once. Ive been planning on how to run ARF if I ever got it back since I lost it to the old only one character slot, making this a over 2 year plan at this point.

#3 AvaryAce, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 5
    • what the juice x 1
    • YEET x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. s8ncaat

Community Manager

Bump!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Janda

Janda Active Member
    Donator

Hey guys, good apps. I suggest a bit of a proofread from both parties. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. s8ncaat

Community Manager

Closed

Please attend the Commanders Meeting tomorrow night (12/01) to be voted on.

• PJ Salty PJ Salty x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.