Nana's Developer App

Discussion in 'Developer Applications' started by Nana, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:58 AM.

1. Nana

Nana New Member

Checklist:

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/NanaNetflix

In-Game Name:
    Nana

Teamspeak Name:
    Nana "Big Man Tyrone"

Playtime (Server you are wanting to develop for):
    64 Hours

Programming:

Known Programming Languages (LUA, CPP, PYTHON, etc.):

LUA

What content did you want to create for Gateway?
    Any content users suggest and is a plausable idea like most of the posts in the newly created suggestion thread. Also personal ideas I would think up at certain points and could create scripts for the server. Even some adjustments to already existing scripts obviously with authors perm if needed and not just blatantly ripping code. I do still understand just because I create a script doesn't mean it will be used, I wouldn't guilt trip anyone about it either.​
    Have you created any scripts or content (If so, provide below)?

Weren't exactly scripts but I did some stuff for TF2 which I can't exactly recall back in the day on another account, sounds sus I know.
    The DEFCON script which was already previously posted on another thread
    A snippet of an edit of /roll I would be happy to make into a full command in the "Change to /Comms" thread.

Some notes:
    One thing id like to add is the reason my playtime is so low is because Ive recently had a lot of time where I've only been able to use my laptop and not my PC. My laptop can only do Gmod single player otherwise it crashes gmod. This led me back into coding as well as the fact wanting to do more with the server while I can't play thus my application and thread responses. Sorry if this extra notes part isn't allowed just though id add a tad bit of info.

TOS:
    It's important to recognize that IF you become a Developer for Gateway Gaming, the content you possibly provide is for the use on Gateway Gaming ONLY. If you are caught distributing any content without the permission of the Executive Staff team, you will be community banned.

Do you agree to this?
    Yes

Cheers for reading my app
    - Nana

2. Richard

Richard Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Admin Donator

I think it would be good to have another as a developer, I'm obviously not too sure how hard the job is and if it's badly needed or not needed at all but regardless after seeing a few of your ideas on other posts you seem like you want to help the server and you have some good ideas!

+1

3. Otis

Otis Event Master
    Event Master Donator

I liked your DEFCON script and seeing more of that would be nice. Although I am not educated in code, I don’t see why you couldn’t develop more for GG.
    +1

4. Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member
    Donator "Map Developer"

I'm a bit on the fence here, the only code iv seen from you is a snippet from the /roll that adds a simple IF THEN statement that is very much basic, The code you provided is also situated to DarkRP which is not the game mode we use. As far as I'm aware, Coding for the current game mode is more difficult than DarkRP, If something breaks in the current game mode, there is not "Going on Google" and trying to find a fix. You'll have to diagnose the problem yourself and provide a fix that works which is why I think you should provide us with more to show your skill level then a simple IF THEN statement.

Personally, I think we should see some more advanced stuff from you before things like money are thrown into the equation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nana

Nana New Member

Thanks for the feedback so far Otis, Richard and Cuffs appreciate it.

Ill reply to some of what Cuffs said as he had some good points

Diagnosing problems currently I don't have to much of an issue with but obviously I'm not the best in the business. Im at my current level able to easily handle errors created by my own scripts and somewhat capable to manage game mode errors but I don't have to much experience with game mode errors and I do think I would be able to learn it relatively quickly. When it comes to the roll if then thing I only really based of DarkRP's job team thing as I'm not sure how the server currently has jobs setup though I am guessing they are team assigned due to the tab menu being able to order regiments as well as the fact Gmod by default has teams and it doesn't seem like theres much of an easier option. Being payed isn't a bother for me either as I script for the fun of It. Id also be up to getting a suggestion from you on more of an advanced script as your saying so I could have a crack at it. Overall very much appreciate your feedback as it gave me an opportunity to address and answer some things and look forward to getting some more.

6. Thiccen Little

Thiccen Little Well-Known Member
    Donator

the nana from way back?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Quality Post Quality Post x 1