Moonblade/Lunars Mod App

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Lunar, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lunar

Lunar Member
    Donator

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?
    I have started recently and am immensely enjoying my time so yes i'm willing to get on more.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes I do.
    Are you willing to test your stress?
    Absolutely.
    Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.
    I do, according to game tracker i have 112.25
    Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?
    I am yes.
    Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?
    No I dont.
    Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:26888086
    Steam Profile Link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014041900/
    Current in game alias:
    Moonblade/ Lunar

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):
    I would say 4 or 5 at the moment, I'm still fairly new to the community only joining about 2 weeks ago

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?
    Me becoming a moderator will impact the community in a positive way because I am dedicated to helping others no matter how small it may be, I am also very active on the server often on after the other Mods/Admins have gone to bed (yay insomnia).

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

I have started very recently.
    Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

In my eyes there are multiple ways to approach the situation.

Situation 1. If both players are engaging in a deathmatch for fun, I would give both of them a verbal warning and ask them to stop, as I feel it promotes others to join in and RDM. If i hear further reports of RDM from them I will take action using !warn <player> RDM

Situation 2. If a user is killing another user for a joke or in response to themselves being killed I would again give them a verbal warning and take further action if it happens again.

Situation 3. If the player is RDMing everyone with no intent to stop, I would !ban <player> (7 days) (Mass RDM)
    Whilst dealing with each of these situations I would endeavour to calm down all players involved to maintain a serious feel to the server, If they will not calm down I will remove them from public areas as to maintain Roleplay, before further attempts to have a calm conversation with them to get a clearer version of events.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?
    I would bring all players to a private location, and ask for each parties story of events. once again my response will change depending on the situation.

Situation 1. If it is an RDM Case and the affected players aren't happy, i would issue a !warn <player> RDM to all parties RDMing, even if it was in retaliation, I would explain to the players why they're getting the warning, explaining that RDM isn't accepted on the server even in retalliation

Situation 2. If the player was climb swep abusing I would first explain what climb swep abusing is, as the player might not be aware, and then give them a verbal warning. If reported to me or any other Mods/Admins again, I will !warn <Player> Climb Swep Abuse

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?
    Regardless of the validity of these threats, I would !ban <player> 0 DDoS Threat. Getting the players steam ID as well and passing it on to higher ranking staff for further action

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

First I would ask them both to stop the argument in front of debrief, and have them take it up in a more private setting which I am willing to provide afterwards. If the argument continues I would !warn <player> both parties involved, after removing them from debrief to resolve the situation, once resolved i would return both players using !return <player>

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

I would !bring <player> to the training room. and request a SGT+ To train him, if none respond I would train the Cadet myself, After the training is completed I would monitor the Cadet for a minimum of 2 hours to see if he is genuinely interested in Roleplay.

If the Cadet isn't interested in being trained and just mucking around trying to escape ect I would !ban <player> 1d No intent to RP, Comeback tomorrow if you with the RP!

Thank you all very much for reading, I look forward to any and all feedback you have for me!

#1 Lunar, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Flxnks

Flxnks Active Member
    Donator

Colouring hurts me. Please make the colours easier to read or at least bold them. Will leave my rating once fixed.

Edit: by changing colours I meant make the questions seperate colour from the answer but oh well

#2 Flxnks, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Richard

Richard Moderator
    Moderator Donator

We've been in close contact for a while now and when you need to know something, you ask questions. This is a great mentallity IMO for a staff member. Also you are nice and active too, but I think you need to get to know some people first. However, I was the same when I first applied and everyone deserves a chance. Good luck and +1

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Bingo

Bingo Member

At this point in time Lunar I would recommend trying to get yourself out there more. I've seen you around and played events with you while you were apart of 187th. You're friendly and a good guy but for now i'm going to be at a neutral stance, once the next batch of mods comes then maybe that's your chance.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Otis

Otis Event Master
    Event Master Donator

While the app can be color coded a lot better, I will be avoiding that and instead focusing on what you wrote and what I know about you.
    Your app is fine, with decently nice answers, however, I am struggling on that second part. I have not seen you be too vocal or really do anything that significant at all. I haven't seen you do anything that great, but neither have I seen you minge.
    You've sat in the middle of the fence and that is where I will place my vote.

neutral.
    ==============================================================================
    After recent affairs and more interactions with you, I have decided to change my vote to a
    +1.

#5 Otis, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sevens

Sevens Moderator

I commend you for making a moderator app, it shows that you want to help out. You made some reasonable choices in regards to the staff situations section, unlike many people who like to beat around the bush. However I will leave my opinion of you as Neutral because I haven't seen or heard much about you. I will change my opinion when I observe or hear the news about you via the grapevine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Nexoit

Nexoit Member
    Donator

Edit: Lunar has done well to get his name out there and is a well behaved active member of the community. He puts himself out there to play with other regiments regularly and I believe he should have a chance to prove himself as a trial mod. +1 Good luck.

#7 Nexoit, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 12:49 AM
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Richard

Richard Moderator
    Moderator Donator

I'm not going to completely disagree, but I was given the chance of tmod after joining 2-3 weeks before. So I feel he should have a chance.

• call the police call the police x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Beatroot

Beatroot Moderator

Although you are active and show some promise, I feel you should get out of your comfort zone and try to interact with different groups within the community. Take note I have seen you around a lot and always trying your best, but, I still think you should put more effort into getting yourself known. Take what @Sevens Said and use Team speak and the forums more that would be the best place to start.
    Also, the formatting of the application hurts and think you should change it up a bit. As for the questions and scenarios I once again Agree with @Sevens and think you have done pretty well with your responses.
    other than that I would just suggest you to leave your app up for a solid few weeks so it can get some more attention. Stick to the bumping rules and make sure it can get as many views and feedback as possible. And don't get discouraged from applying due to some -1s or neutrals.
    My opinion is subject to change in the following week or two depending on what direction you move in from reading all this, and I am sure others feedback will change too. Either way Goodluck young chap I wish you all the best on your application.

-Beatroot.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Lunar

Lunar Member
    Donator

First of all I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read and reply to my application.

Flxnks: That's my bad I completely forgot that there were questions in that red text. It has been updated *to a hopefully* better quality.

Richard, Thank you for the kind words and the +1.

Bingo, Otis, Sevens. Thank you for you all for the feedback and replies given. I will take this on board and endeavour to explore outside of my comfort zones.

Nexoit, Beatroot, Thank you for taking the time to reply as well. I will again be taking this on board to improve myself and how well i'm known in the community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Red Crow

Red Crow Member
    Donator

I've been talking to moonblade for quite a while, and through all that conversation I know he has a passion for the server. He isnt well know yet, but he is a good bloke and just wants to help out.

+1

12. Dust

Dust Senior Admin
    Senior Admin Community Benefactor

Pretty dedicated from receiving roles from what I have seen, I have talked with him quite often the past couple of days in my teamspeak and gotten to know him as we work together in NSB.

He to me shows good qualitys and no major flaws that would effect his staff capabilites at all, there is the issue of his time on the server, but Richard has already stated that concern.

Id be all for giving this man a chance.

+1

13. Viking

Viking Member
    Donator

Working with moonblade in 187th then seeing him grow on lunar I agree with giving him a chance for mod for sure, I don't think there is a bad bone in your body. +1

14. Beatroot

Beatroot Moderator

Thought I would throw an update on this application.
    Lunar has approached me in-game and asked if he can join in throughout various missions. He has done the same with other people and groups and made it clearly visible that he is trying to get his name out there more. By doing these things he has shown that he has taken all feedback on board and I have hands down never seen anyone actually go and do what Lunar is doing. I commend you for your efforts so far and hope others can really see that you are trying and you really do care about becoming a staff member.
    I will be changing my vote to
    Neutral for now and depending if you keep this up my response will change to a +1 towards the end of this week or the following.
    Really really good work Lunar keep it up.
    (get more vocal, can never hear you talk !).

Edit:

+1.
    Lunar has proven himself in my eyes! His interest in mod is as genuine as ever and he has really tried to get his name known within the community!
    You have my vote and I hope you do not betray the faith I have in you!
    Goodluck!

Goodluck again,
    -Beatroot.

#14 Beatroot, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 1:19 AM
  15. Lunar

Lunar Member
    Donator

Its been a few weeks, I've tried to get myself out there more become a more well known member, I was wondering if anyone had updated feedback on my applications

16. Ren

Ren Forum Addict
    Donator

+1
    From my interactions with you, you have always been polite and mature about things, even late at night. I would like to see you get a chance at staff.