Monk's Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Muukentuuken, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muukentuuken

Muukentuuken Member
    Donator

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29444902

Most common ingame alias/current alias: Monk

Amount of Hours on server: An unhealthy amount

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 8

How many hours on the server do you spend a day: 6+

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community: Keep the community going forwards towards greatness

Do you use our Teamspeak server often: Yup

In order to be apart of the Staff team, you are required to have basic problem solving skills. The following scenarios are required to be honestly answered using detail and proper grammar. (HINT: Involve ULX commands in your answer e.g. !tp <USER>)

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?
    Pull him aside using !bring, somewhere secluded like the top of the Venator. I'll tell him RDMing and insulting others isn't what we do on this server. I'll ask him if he wants to continue to stay a part of this community and keep playing on the server.
    -If he seems apologetic and wishes to change his ways, I'll give him a warning and monitor him to see if he continues to RDM/insults others.
    -If he doesn't take me seriously and disregards what I have to say, I'll give him a couple day ban.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?
    Firstly, I'll calm down the users because the last thing we need is a witch hunt. Once everyone has their pitchforks away, I'll listen to their side of the story and ask if they have any form of evidence.(Unless it was glaringly obvious what rules were broken) I would then pull aside the user accused of breaking the rules to a secluded area and ask for his side of the story there. Depending on the severity of the user's actions, the punishment would range from a warning to a ban.

3. A user has threatened to DDOS and take down the server. What do you do?
    Ask him if he is being serious or not, because sometimes people might say that as a joke in a passing comment. If its clear the user isn't joking, I'll ban the user permanently and proceed to inform the Super Admins about a potential DDOS attack on the server.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?
    I would remind them both that PTS is active, if the argument continues, I'll proceed to !gag both of them because the last thing I want to do is to tell them off adding to the argument and disrupting the flow of debrief. After debrief, I'll ungag them and remind them not to do that during debrief/briefing again.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?
    I'll advert that a cadet needs to be trained and get a SGT+ on it. If there are no available SGTs +, I'll train the cadet myself. Even though the user seems like minge, I won't ban him outright or even kick him. He could be new to the server and unsure on how a StarWarsRP server operates. I'll ask him if he ever played on a StarWarsRP server ,tell him a little about the server and answer any questions he might have. I find its easier to get people attached to the community if you talk to them nicely instead of treating them harshly and telling them off for things they didn't necessarily know were wrong. (If admins/mods banned users that seemed like minges just because they were new, I wouldn't be here right now xD)

2. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

+1, Monk is a helpful, knowledgeable and patient member of the community who would highly benefit the staff team. Good luck my dude.

3. Freazer

Freazer Active Member

+1 Monk has been a active member of the community recently and shows that he has the capability to become a successful staff member

4. Zonk

Zonk New Member

+1 Monk has been an active member of the community since i joined and if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have ever joined the server.

5. FriedRice

FriedRice Member

+1 This guy is capable of doing anything, I've seen it through my experience with him in ARC, also very responsible.

6. Derelict

Derelict Member

+1 if monk gets nod all of onk squad gets Mod

7. Omega

Omega Well-Known Member
    Donator Map Developer

Monk is Event Staff.
    Moved and locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.