Accepted Janda's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Janda, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

Clone Wars Moderator Application
    [​IMG]

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?

I do use Teamspeak, and am willing to get on it more even though I use that as my main form of communication.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes.

Are you willing to test your stress?

I am.

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.

800+ Hours spread across multiple accounts.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

I am, even though I have fulfilled a staffing position on this server multiple times.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

I do. However, I am not going to name them to refrain from starting an argument. I do not wish for this to affect my responsibility if I was to receive this role.

Requirements:

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:118262707

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198196791142/

Current in game alias: Janda

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 8

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?

Everyone has a different style when it comes to communicating with others. Myself, I enjoy talking to majority of the players on the server whether they are new or old. I believe, as a Moderator, I could and already have benefited from this trait as if gave me a chance to relate to the players who feel as if they are being unfairly treated or are struggling to fit in with the player base as seen in my previous roles as Admin and Moderator in the past.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

I do.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

After receiving multiple messages or tickets through the new admin report system, I would quickly "!freeze {Suspect}" or "jail {Suspect}" the user so he cant cause any more harm to the player or players around him. With having the ability to "!noclip" I would move to a place more secluded where there would be very minimal players around so he could deliver his explanation for why he committed this act. After hearing what he has to say, if it was justified, I would bring the other player who was involved and explain to them both that what they are doing is not acceptable and if they are seen doing it again it will result in a further punishment. However, if he was doing it for pure enjoyment, I would "!ban {Suspect} {Time} {Message}" for a justified amount of time for a first offense being 30 minutes giving the user a chance to cool off and rethink their decision. However, if he was to return and continue to harass players or RDM them It would result in a permanent ban.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

Before I take any action I would ask the users kindly for evidence of the situation, whether it be recordings or screenshots and ask them to post it on the forums where they can be reviewed by staff quickly. If this, however, didn't cause them to calm down, I would explain to them the sad reality that, unfortunately, these situations cant be dealt with immediately and that it will take time to review evidence and that they need to wait patiently. Now if they didn't have any sources of evidence, I would explain to them that I would keep a close eye on the player for any abuse that he may express towards other players and state that he will then be punished appropriately with a warning, "!kick {Suspect} {Message}", "!ban {Suspect} {Time} {Message}" depending on the severity of the issue..

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

The act of "DDosing" is not acceptable in any circumstances. If a player was to threaten the server with a DDos attempt, I would quickly inform a higher ranking staff member who may or may not be online, supplying him with the users Steam Profile for further investigation and then quickly bring the user and ask him nicely for why he would want to do such a thing. If he expresses that it is a joke, I will say unfortunately with that being a serious offense, but seeing that you are second guessing your actions, I will ban you for a short amount of time (!ban {Suspect} {120} {DDos Threat} to think about what damage you could have caused. If he was serious however, I would explain to him that is not acceptable and to think about his actions over a permanent ban.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would "!gag" both users and wait for the mission briefing to finish and quietly bring them both to a secluded spot where I could get them to rethink their actions they expressed towards each other. I would !ungag each user one at a time allowing them to talk about the issue at hand and involve myself in it being the middle man of the situation giving my point of view and hoping that both parties can go their separate ways or makeup to an extent and continue playing on the server without any issues. After the situation has been solved, I would give both users a warning to explaining that the manner of how they decided to argue was unnecessary and just childish and that if it happens again they will be kicked or even banned to relax themselves.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

After playing on Gateway Gaming for a long period of time, I have experienced first hand that NCO's try their hardest to avoid training Cadets so I can understand why the Cadets get impatient at times. I would advert requesting an NCO to the training to train the cadet otherwise, I will be picking someone to do so. Once someone decides to train the cadet and getting reports of the user minging, I would "!cloak" myself along with having myself in "!noclip" so I can spectate the user and make sure he wants to be on the server and not waste the time of other users. If it is clear the user is not on the server to play but only cause havoc, I will ban him for a short period of time "!ban {Suspect} {60} {No Intention to Play}" hoping that he will rethink his actions and come back to play on the server. However, if it is clear that he wishes to be on the server, I will oversee that he is whitelisted to the Clone Trooper role after his training is completed.

NOTE: I understand that majority of this has been copy pasted with small tweaks to be relevant to todays date from my past applications. With this being my 4th application from OG CG to GG, I have run out of ways to reword this application proccess. I hope you understand.

#1 Janda, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Yungxorcist

Yungxorcist Admin
    Admin Donator

+1 old member, returned and has been active and knows what his doing.

• YEET YEET x 2
  3. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager Donator

If you're serious about this, I'd agree with this in a heartbeat, I don't know though?

• YEET YEET x 1
  4. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

I am good sir.

5. Lupus

Lupus Head Admin
    Head Admin

+1

When Janda is playing on the server, He is both repesectful and mature. I sometimes forget Janda still plays the server and I will say that isn’t techniqually A bad thing, since Janda has restiveness not once have I had to speak to him about anything.

Janda from what I can see puts a decent effort into his role in CG and he does stand out when he is patrolling or arresting someone.

Would be more than happy to see Janda be staff again

• Jedi Jedi x 1
  6. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

Thank you for the feed back friend :)

7. Omo

Omo Moderator
    Moderator Donator Map Developer

+1 - Was good before, will be good again. The perfect candidate, one of the boys. He's mature, active, respectful and has been a Moderator as well as Administrator previously. I mean, why not?

8. Kel'Thun

Kel'Thun Admin
    Admin Donator

Neutral leaning towards +1. I would change the 8 to somewhere around 5 because I'm pretty sure only the staff team know who you are, anyway you are serious about the server and would make a great staff member.

But the only thing keeping me from a +1 is how you only recently have rejoined the community, the last time I saw you play regularly was when SIS was made into RID witch was a little more than a few months ago.

Good luck :)

9. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

Cheers for the feedback. Personally, I feel like you are somewhat correct but I feel like most of the players who are willing to play the server actually know who I am. Once again thanks for the feed back :)

10. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

Janda can seem like a bit of a meme at times, but Given the chance he has shown that he has a full understanding in regards to the server and its moderation. Being CG he has also shown that he is quite mature and is very dedicated to the things he is interested in (guy puts on a voice changer for gods sake)
    As it might seem bias'd that I am his General in-game and being apart of the scumbag college with him I do believe that since he has come back to the server he has been quite dedicated and mature, I dont recall him messing around since he has gotten back.
    You were a solid staff when you were apart of the team and I personally feel you could make a good addition once more.
    My only concern is that you come off a little rank-hungry, Now I dont really believe that you personally feel this way but its the kinda thing that you give off at times when saying things like "Oh I can get some strings pulled for my promotion?", however I'm sure this is easily resolved.
    The app isn't bad but could use some formatting, make some colors?

All in all, I wish you the best of luck and I fully agree with the idea of you rejoining the staff team so +1 and good luck mate!

11. Ren

Ren Banned
    Donator

Neutral
    From when I did play. Your activity was extremely patchy, granted it has been getting better over the past few weeks but it'd be best to play for a bit more and get more well known by the community

12. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

Yeah, I can understand why. I just want to clear it up and say that this is a meme between me and s8n. Nothing serious dont worry. I do understand your concern however :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Janda

Janda Admin
    Admin Donator

I can agree my activity recently was quite pathetic but that was purely because I was starting up Uni + a various amount of social events which required my attendance. Now that I've settled in and everything has been finished, for the time being, I can see myself on the server much more. However, I do appreciate the feedback.

14. Yungxorcist

Yungxorcist Admin
    Admin Donator

+1, An extremely mature player who is over qualified for the position. No reason for me to write a paragraph on why its all been stated.

15. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

+1.

Old member and knows the rules of the server as well as he knows how to keep those rules enforced.
    Pick up activity and I think you'll be good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beatroot

Beatroot Active Member
    Community Benefactor

+1.
    I'm going to plus one this. most of the negatives and positives have been stated in previous comments so there is no need for me to go into too much depth. Working with you in CG I've noticed the level of maturity and honesty you put forward, (even if surrounded by minges) you stay true to your role and character and provide assistance when need be. The main negative has been stated by everyone and is legit one of the main reasons I think you would be held back or reconsidered is the previous state of activity. Although lots of old players return and get bumped or reinstated to old positions they tend to pretty much up and leave after a few months, or lose interest and cease activity once again. Of course, it is a valid concern and it applies to all people who have currently returned and be given past roles once again. I hope everyone can become an exception to this issue as the server thrives off of good players staff and users. Which of course you are.
    Your activity picked up dramatically after you applied and somewhat beforehand and now even more so due to the fact (of what I think) of you becoming an officer in CG and leading a past role you were apart of.

Above that, I do not see why you shouldn't be given a chance as a moderator. I stated earlier you are honest, mature, clean, and kind. I do not see you as a spiteful person or someone who would do something to affect other people. You deserve the role in my opinion, but as per usual it comes down to the community and the all-seeing sauron eye(s) of the community to put you there.

Good luck Janda, happy to have you back as part of the community and CG. I wish you the best of luck in your application and future endeavours. I hope we can benefit from each other in CG and build positively on our already perfect relationship.

Yours truly,

-Beatroot.

• Jedi Jedi x 1
  17. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager Donator

User will undergo a two week trial period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.