Accepted Janda's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Janda, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janda

Janda Active Member
    Donator

Clone Wars Administrator Application Template
    [​IMG]
    Before applying for admin make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated. Good luck with your application.

Pre-requisites:
    ○You must be already active.
    ○You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.
    ○You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits.
    ○You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.
    ○You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.
    ○You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer than an hour or two.
    ○You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying
    ○You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them

Basic Information:

Steam Name: Uncle Harry

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:118262707

Steam Community: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198196791142/

Time Played: 600+

Questions:

Why do you want Admin?

Currently being a mod, you are restricted to commands and other staff abilities. Ive had multiple encounters where it has only been myself and another admin on so it's hard to assist with admin related tickets. Basically, the reason I wish to take on the role of Admin is to take the next step in the staff team and be able to assist the player base on the server in ways that a moderator cannot.

What makes you a better applicant than others?

I feel as if I am one of the more active staff members within the moderator community. That is a major factor with being a staff member. You need to make yourself available so you can assist the community when there is either no staff to do so or very minimal staff. However, I do feel as if I lack in experience with myself only being a moderator for a short three weeks. I feel as if this will be the only flaw in what would make me worse than some of the other applicants. To extend on this, I am very confident with what I do and the decisions I make. I'm not afraid to ask questions when needed and I don't come to conclusions.

What makes you Trustworthy?

I have been with the server for quite a long time. I first played on Gateway Gaming back when it was first released for a short month before taking a long break and returning in early September. I am known by a large majority of players within the community which I believe have gained trust from. I also previously played on the Colossal Gaming server a long time ago which is why I know the majority of the player base.

Have you ever been punished on the server? If so, Why?

At the moment I believe I have a clean record have not been or interacted in any way for getting punished besides a ban that happened after an event because a command given to my troopers, was interpreted in the wrong way.

In a Few Words, How would you describe yourself as a person? Your Traits, Abilities and Disadvantages. (What Kind of Person are you?)

I believe I am an all around nice guy. I try to interact with as many people within the community no matter what their age is. I also believe I am extremely hard working and very diligent towards my pride in work. However, a disadvantage noted by other players is that I sometimes interpret things in the wrong way causing small issues. However, this is only a rare occurrence.

List the current Staff Members of Gateway Gaming

Community Director - Stooge
    Community Manager - Spooks
    Chief of Staff - Satan
    Server Manager - Loff
    Head Event Master - Aussie
    Head Admin - Lupus
    Teamspeak / Forum Manager - Shenpai
    Senior Event Master - Gary
    Senior Administrator - Dust
    Administrator - Rambo
    Administrator - Magnus
    Administrator - Kelthun
    Administrator - Zombie
    Administrator - Raider
    Senior Moderator - Ulrik
    Senior Moderator - Janda
    Moderator - Sevens
    Moderator - Remi
    Moderator - Flanks
    Moderator - Ajax
    Moderator - Nails
    Moderator - Zia
    Moderator/JEM - Tastik
    Moderator/EM - Noc
    Junior Event Master - Jyrus
    Junior Event Master - Hsabirot

How many hours do you use the forums/game daily?

I use the forum occasionally however not as much as the server. It is noted that I will use the forums to read about the players and regiments and also look through staff related topics. However, on the server, I spend majority of my weekdays playing on it.

Are you currently a staff member on another server?

I am currently not a staff member on another server.

Do you understand that abusing your powers will result in a demotion and most likely an IP ban depending on the situation?

Yes, I believe this is an acceptable punishment if I am ever seen in the future to abuse my rank.

Do you have any previous moderating experience? If so, please explain.

I have previously played on Clone WarsRP servers. The one I played before Gateway Gaming, Teedo, I was a respected Admin within their staff ranks. I assisted with events. I believe the role they had on that server much fits into the Admin role on this, so I should have a basic understanding behind it.

Situations:

1. Yourself and another Admin are the only staff online. You notice that you are the only one handling reports whilst the Admin in question is RDMing constantly. When you tell him to stop and help with reports, he ignores you and continues to RDM. What do you do?

Not being able to target the player, I would begin taking screenshots of the console so I would have proof of the incident so action can be taken, I would also quickly make my way to Teamspeak seeing if a higher ranking staff member is available such as Satan, Spooks or Stooge. I would inform them of the situation and have them join the server to review the situation with the screenshots I have supplied. I would then hope the user would be stripped of their rank and possibly banned off the server so that their toxicity would put an impression on the other players.

2. You slay someone for RDM and he abuses you for it. The player then goes on an RDM Spree, When you jailTP him he apologizes trying be forgiven. What do you do?

seeing that the player has seen what they have done is wrong. I would refrain from banning the user permanently off the server. I would talk to him for a short period of time making sure that what he has done is wrong and is not acceptable behaviour on the server. I would then inform him of his punishment which would be a long one week where he is able to rethink his actions and return to the server once he is in a stable mindset. I would then continue to ban the user for the respected time before continuing with normal staff duties "!ban [Suspect] [1080] [Staff Abuse - Mass RDM]".

3. There is a Player on the server who is new to star wars Role play. He Doesn't know how to play the game and is caught 20 minutes after being white listed being accused of RDMing during an event. He doesn't know that shooting at fellow clones is a ban-able offence. What do you do?

If the player was new to the server I would pull him aside where other troopers aren't able to call out the trooper. I would then have him read over the rules and speak to him personally informing him of what he had done is the wrong approach. I would also give the trooper a link containing lore about Starwars so he could look over it and gain some knowledge. Before letting him return back to the event I would then remind him again that what he had done was wrong and not acceptable. Once returned, I would watch the user cloaked for a short period of time making sure that he now understands what to do and wasn't just a minge.

4. You are on the forums and you notice a user being harassed by others in the Shoutbox and in Threads. What do you do?

After reading through the situation, I would screenshot the remarks being thrown towards the victim. I would then attempt to contact an online Forum Staff member and supply them with the screenshots so they can approach the situation to their own ability. If there were no Forum Staff available at the current time, I would contact all the Forum Staff who are offline supplying them with the screenshots of the situation. That way, the first staff member who comes online will be able to solve the situation.

5. If there are a few users began saying "THIS SERVER SUCKS!" and spamming it everywhere, what would you do?

It is obvious that this group of players do not wish to be a part of the Gateway Gaming community. I would teleport to the users individually and freezing them in place before talking to them. I would inform them if they don't like our server, they should leave and not annoy the current player base of the server and it is doing them no justice. I would make sure that they understand what they have done is not respectful so they can have the opportunity to play in the future or even apologize. This sit would result with a kick and if the players return and continue to harass the players on the server, it will become a permanent ban.

6. A friend comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle this?

Seeing that this user is my friend, it is obvious that I would like to find out the reason why he was banned off the server. I would contact the Admin who had banned the user and ask them about the situation. If it was justified, I would contact the friend and inform him that he will have to take the ban as it will be an opportunity for him to rethink what he has done and that it brings no benefit to himself or the server. However, if the ban was unjustified, I would contact a higher ranking staff member to involve themselves in the situation so that they can solve the issue.​

2. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

yer might as well have the two brothers as admin so they both apply for senior admin and end up ruining their family

+1

Been Admin before. Good staff member, easy to get along with. Can’t see a reason not to promote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

Neutral.

Being completely honest here Janda, you're a good bloke and all but I personally don't see you 100% fit for Admin.

Reasons being are that in my personal encounters with you and being in Teamspeak channels with you and others, you complain about everything. A lot. If something doesn't suit you, you seem to constantly pester the Exec's trying to get that specific thing done. Also, you say in Question 6 "seeing that this user is my friend, it is obvious that I would like to find out the reason why he was banned from the server. I would contact the Admin who had banned the user and ask them about the situation. If it was justified, I would contact the friend and inform him that he will have to take the ban as it will be an opportunity for him to rethink what he has done and that it brings no benefit to himself or the server." If I can be completely honest, back when Tastik was banned, he was banned/demoted for a very justifiable reason. But you constantly poked Stooge and other Execs basically white-knighting Tastik until he was unbanned. Yes, he made an apology and such but your constant poking of the executives pushed them to allow him a chance back in the community.

Another thing I can bring up is with the Senior Mod rank inheriting Admin ULX commands. I remember being in TS channels with both you and s8n and you were constantly asking him to give Senior Mod Admin commands just because they were "equivalent in staffing roles." s8n had told you either no it can't be done, or "They're equivalent in staffing, not command-wise" or something along those lines.

To me, this constant complaining and pestering of Executives just to get your own way is not a quality I would personally like in an Admin of the server I play on.

No hard feelings against you Janda, I'd still consider us friends, but this is the non-biased side of me coming out and I feel that instead of me being like "OH YEH +1 GOOD GUY WOO!" I should just speak what is on my mind.

On the Contrary,

You're an excellent staff member when you come on the server, and you treat the server with good care. This I appreciate.

Still going to stick with my neutral, but I'd happily change it to a +1 over time.

please don't hurt me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

Neutral

Your application is done nicely and it is obvious you have past experience which helps. However, I don't really know you (not saying you're not as popular, it's just I haven't seen you stand out to me) so I'll have to watch you before making my final justification on this app.

Good luck though mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Janda

Janda Active Member
    Donator

@Chreign and @Alluh

I appreciate the feedback and will take it on board. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

If I can get to Admin + SAdmin.. I think Janda can get admin... Shouldn't need to even think about it to be honest, reasons are clear.

Not that hard to see an easy candidate in a small crowd. Plus, gotta be pretty idiotic if you don't hire him..
    +1

#6 Rambo, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Haz

Haz Member
    Donator

+1

Doesnt show it much but behind the scenes this man takes a whole heap of initiative as Senior Moderator. Back in shock while going through his TMod period, whenever I had a question he would always do his best to answer it or complete any reasonable request asked of him.

I’d like to see him uphold an admin position

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xocist

Xocist Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Although i agree a lot with Alluh's point sometimes i can see why he does that as it is VERY frustrating to get an executive to add something to the server and sometimes they need a push most of the time, but still i get the point.

I don't see anything wrong with Janda becoming an admin as he is by far one of the more mature people on the server and is really a non biased party. ( I've experienced it first hand) and on top of that other peoples point's that i won't repeat are very good reasons as well (previous staff ETC)

Being as we don't have to many admins i don't see really a big enough reason for him to not get it.

+1

• Like Like x 1
  9. Janda

Janda Active Member
    Donator

I would like this to be put on hold until further notice

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • YEET YEET x 1
  10. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

No longer on hold at the request of the user​

• YEET YEET x 3
  11. Zly

Zly Member
    Donator

We're now low on admins and I believe you hold a very good standard of what a staff member should be. I believe that you are ready to handle the responsibilities of being an Administrator.

+1

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zombie

Zombie Senior Admin
    Senior Admin

He may be my brother but he fits all the requirements... Hire the man +1

13. Lupus

Lupus Server Manager
    Server Manager

+1

Had a thought and yeah the negative vote was kinda a stretch, Would like to see you more active and in turn more pro-active with taking tickets

The rest has of the comments have kinda covered it.

#13 Lupus, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.