Accepted I'm Sorry's | Ban Appeal | I'm really sorry

Discussion in 'Resolved Reports / Appeals' started by Jinchuriki, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

I'll say it again the alt that was banned was before the ban on my main

2. Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member
    Donator "Map Developer"

The fact that you stand here and lie to us again shows that you haven't changed a bit. Stay Banned
    [​IMG]

3. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

By all means, show the steam ID of the user you banned which you thought was me, show their name or their steam profile I'd really really like to prove you wrong.

I'm going to stop arguing about this unless you show solid proof @Cuffs

4. Lupus

Lupus Head Admin
    Head Admin

After speaking with Clint in discord for about 30 minutes about his time on the server, the way he feels about his ban and what he did to be banned in the first place. I feel as I've gotten a sense as to see why he wants to come back and to see if he's learnt from his past mistakes.

Clint as been playing on EG (Empire Gaming) for roughly the last 2-3 months and has worked his way up to being apart of their PAC3 staff team with his application and responses from the community ( http://forums.empiregamingau.com/topic/1025-lillard-tier-2-application/ ). I've spoken to him about his time spent there though short but he has gained the respect from most of the staff team. I've personally spoken to the new Community Manager; [EG] Robinson as to see what his opinion on Clint (Known as Krunchy) to them and his words were short but kind ( https://gyazo.com/9401882d4dd20468d38c7fcd6f0e4990 ). In terms of server behavior on EG, Clint has never been warned or kicked as has gotten on well with everyone he has come across and He has lead regiments and been in many officer positions.

Clint as spoken his anguish about what he did and wants to show us that he has changed and wants to again be apart of this community. I feel as he should be given a chance to come back to community to show us if he has really changed and be aloud to regain the trust of all the staff that were around when the situation happened originally. I feel though he should be given the chance to formally apologize on TS to Spooks, S8n and Stooge as those were and are now currently the people who gave him their trust and He destroyed that by attempting to gain advantage through means of false donating, lying, manipulation and falsifying payments through pay-pal

Through the 5 unban appeals and negative feedback from people that have known him and/or were there during his banning, I feel he has remained respectful and mature and in turn has gained my +1

In retrospect if He does attempt to go back to his old ways or break community / server rules, A ban can be reinstated quickly and again remove him from the community.

#24 Lupus, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • YEET x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

Thank you so much @Lupus one of the kindest people I've seen, There will definitely be no going back to my old ways if given another chance. Thank you for your response and +1.

6. Ajax

Ajax Admin
    Admin

I suppose I’ll throw my opinion into the fray.

I remember you quite well, both playing gateway and on other servers, I’ve seen a fair bit of you, the majority of it makes me unimpressed to say the least.

I’ll be succinct, you put your wants over those of many individuals, to the point you attempting to extort them for gain on the server. Even after being caught you continued, whether you have grown up between then and now is up to interpretation, but I haven’t trusted you since then and I doubt many will. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t say that everyone deserves a second chance, but you’ve had the chance, if after 4 previous appeals, if everyone has made their decision known 4 prior times, I’m not of the opinion that persistence alone will free you from the shackles of your previous wrongdoing. Most appeals of yours end with something along the lines of “Obviously you don’t want me here, I’ll give up.” If you can’t be truthful on the ban appeal, I struggle to think on any further matters, though it appears, using only this appeal as a barometer that honesty is not your strongpoint.

Though, I do admire you for your perseverance, but when I think “Yeah, let’s give him a chance” I can’t help wonder if the whole scamming situation has actually had an impact. I’m an advocate for learning your lessons through experience, I think the nail will get hit home if we do not let you back. I’m of the opinion it’d be best for all involved parties if you stayed at your end and us at ours. But I’m open to having my opinion shifted.

#26 Ajax, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  7. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Don't know you, don't care to

You've obviously not many friends in the community. So if after all this you manage to get unbanned, it's obviously your decision to return to a server where a large portion of its old members do not trust you. Why you would want to return to something that is obviously going to be hostile towards you, I can't fathom.

Though as I said before, I don't care. At this point, is all been nothing but a circular cluster fuck of nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

Look, if you've spent time building trust on another server, I don't see why you would want to come back. But it seems, you do.

I have no clue if you've changed or not, and honestly, I don't care.

It comes down to the fact that if we unban someone who attempted to scam MULTIPLE TIMES (6 separate plots were in the works), used an alternate account and got busted lying to staff and STILL refused to own up, then we may as well unban everyone. It sends a message that as long as you come back and spam IMSORRY IM SORRY / IMSORRY (IM SORRY) everywhere you will eventually be forgiven.

Personally, I don't care about you, it's all about the message it sends.

In any case, I stated I would leave this open for a few more days and let people comment. If the community decides they want you back, I will allow it HOWEVER, if you ARE accepted and breach any further rules, you will be permanently community banned AND I will be discussing your actions with ALL the major SWRP community owners and urging them to be untrusting of you.

Best of luck.

9. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

Thank you @Ajax , @AnnoyingTaco (Herd) and @Spooks for your comments, I understand completely where you're all coming from and acknowledge it. If the community does, in fact, give me another chance I will work to mend the trust broken by my previous actions. Thank you all for commenting.

10. F1r3 Bu113ts

F1r3 Bu113ts Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator

Ajax made a real good point. You've made four previous appeals and four times its been denied. What makes you think that this is any different from the rest?
    On the other hand, you making this many appeals obviously shows how much you want to get back in. Lupus has proved that you've been serious on other servers and have not caused much trouble if not, none at all based on what Robinson of Empire Gaming has mentioned.
    But as Spooks said and I quote:
    "if we unban someone who attempted to scam MULTIPLE TIMES (6 separate plots were in the works), used an alternate account and got busted lying to staff and STILL refused to own up, then we may as well unban everyone."

While I do not really know you or the actions you have done, I'm afraid that I'm going to -1 this. According to majority of the members, you've been given another shot already and blew it. We've denied applications where people have done less major things, but still remains banned. It would be completely and utterly unfair for those who applied before for causing less trouble than you yet being still denied.

11. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

12. Stooge

Stooge Community Director
    Community Director

How many chances can one person really get? Like I understand I made the un spoken rule that we allow almost anyone back the community after they leave. But you've had your plethora of chances, you've made constant mistakes and lied to our faces. I am not a stupid man. I don't want you unbanned. This won't affect you being unbanned however, but my personal opinion is that you do not deserve to come back to this community. These people are too good for you and don't need your annoyance and pathetic attitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Remi

Remi Well-Known Member
    Donator

Look plain and simple no. You abused our trust. MORE THAN ONCE. We are a community of second chances. Not 15 chances. -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki Member

Thank you for commenting @Stooge @Remi, I'd just like you to know I know what I did was wrong and that I'm incredibly sorry when I earn the money I'm willing to pay back what I've taken if the community wishes for it, I wish I could undo my wrongs but there's no going back to the past from me, I truly have changed and I can prove it if 1 last chance is given, Please.

15. Rein/Shockwave

Rein/Shockwave Active Member

-1 You had your second chance and you threw it out of the window, Scammers can't jus rejoin the community, its just not how it works to be honest.

If you somehow get unbanned why would you want to come back? 75% of the player base dislike you and word will go around quickly about your misdeeds and that could turn into a 90-95% of them.

Plus, why come back if you are going well on Empire Gaming? I would suggest sticking to Empire Gaming as next to no one wants you back on Gateway Gaming. It might sound rude but its the sad truth.

16. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

I wasn't around for when you screwed Gateway over, but I'm going to put my two cents in regardless.

Despite
    the respectful front you're putting up, I truly don't see any positives in unbanning you. Going from multiple peoples' words I trust, both spoken here and over the course of the months, alongside the behaviour you've exhibited in this thread when you're met with facts and accusations that don't meet with your standard of respect or consideration, alongside your past... I'm not actually sure if I'd feel comfortable having you around nor around a regiment I'm involved with if you were to ever be unbanned.

You have an air of trouble and even whilst you apologize it still lingers, which leads me to be skeptical of your intentions at the very least. I'm not sure if I buy the apologetic front you're putting up at all.

Note that my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as some of the older members of the community do, but this is me purely speaking from what I'm seeing put out from you now, and from word of multiple people from both sides of the debates concerning you. Best of luck with this, but personally I'm afraid I don't agree with unbanning you simply because you're too seemingly stubborn to quit. If you were denied an appeal times before, I don't see reason nor agree with the thought that you should be allowed back in.

17. Stooge

Stooge Community Director
    Community Director

Ban appeal accepted.

Do not mess this up. You can see that people both want you back and don't want you back. You have a lot of people keeping an eye on you. Lets hope the nice things people said about you are true and that you have learned from previous mistakes.

However, understand that this is your final chance. Mess this up and you'll be getting root IP banned from all our services.​

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.