Herd's EM application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by AnnoyingTaco (Herd), Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Pre-requisites:
    ○You must be already active.
    ○You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.
    ○You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. Aswell as sits.
    ○You must be 14 years or older, or very mature.
    ○You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time.
    ○You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.
    ○You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying
    ○You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them
    ○You must remember that when you apply for event master that this role whilst you may receive admin, is not admin.

------------------

As a head note to this, I want to address immediately that I can not promise the best activity that would be expected outright due to other commitments. In admitting this, I understand if this causes an instant negative view on the app. However, I've thought that given the lack of numbers on the EM team, that I'd offer up my support for them if Noc and the rest of them believe that they want it. As stated above though, I am more than happy for this to be shot down immediately.

Basic Information

Steam Name:

AnnoyingTaco

Steam ID:

STEAM_1:1:75171688

Steam Community:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/maothedong/

In game alias:

Herd
    ARC Master Sergeant A-44 "Kiev"
    2nd Lieutenant 8690 "Jatne"

Time Played:

Approx. 753 hours in total

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Whilst admittedly I believe there is no such thing as 'original' these days, I do believe that I bring a solid understanding of how to engage the player through the action side of events. The few events I went through as a backup, there was a lot of positive feedback about how I managed to keep things interesting and engaging for troopers.

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yep

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

Partial. Never been one to have much of a clue about the technical sides, but understand the basics.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is:

Yup

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events:

Yup

Do you have any event experience e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Was backup EM during my first stint as an Admin, played a fair few ECs during that time and before it as well.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have:

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Can't say I've any fault with any of them (aside from Avary's absurd name). Rather, I've seen Gary go from the timid little Junior who nearly threw in the towel at one point to someone who spits out constantly impressive events.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever):

Yup

Are you confident that you can do proper fully fledged briefings and debriefings:

Yup

Scenarios:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Given that the character should have been (!buddha)'d in the first place, an ideal out for the situation would be for the character to RP that he has crawled his way through the shaft, though finds himself gravely wounded. Such a way would show that the event has taken a toll on the character, but allows for a believable way for him to remain among the battlefield.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

Encourage the user in question to have a chat to me if he/she feels that they have criticism that would help for future events. Even offer to bring them to another part of the map to engage them in conversation, whilst at the same time reminding them that open verbal assault is not looked upon kindly.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

Whilst this shouldn't be an issue for an EM most of the time, sometimes it is simply unavoidable. It depends on the time that one would be AFK for. If only for a few minutes, then quickly setting up a point for players to engage in passive RP until the EMs return can suffice for a small amount of time. Otherwise, if all other options prove to be null, then an immediate map change, with a message to any other staff online at the time informing them of the situation.

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements

Patrol on Mygeeto

2. AvaryAce

AvaryAce Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

+1 where to start, the negatives I guess would be mostly addressed in the app, event is really open ended which can work into your favor if your good/get good at improv, I dont see any harm in at least a trial to further prove yourself, as if you can get on during the time you need despite your other community obligations I see 0 harm in having you added to the team, I mean whats the worst that could happen?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. NiceGary

NiceGary Event Master
    Event Master

The app is decent, just another app, I do like the event though sounds like something I would do just with more explosions. I think you could make a nice addition to the EM team. +1

4. SimpleStuff

SimpleStuff Active Member
    Donator

+1 Was backup EM once upon a time, the application looks good.

5. Zombie

Zombie Admin
    Admin

Herd, once an Backup EM, showed that he is more than capable of being an there when needed. His events were thought out that involved objectives for everyone. Don't see why he shouldn't be on the team. Plus we need a few more EM's :). +1

6. Flanks

Flanks Admin
    Admin Donator

+1

I have no doubt in my mind that Herd is up to the job. He has been in the role in the past and knows what he is doing. I don't think anyone can think of a reason why not. Good luck

7. Ajax

Ajax Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I too, have confidence in Herd's abilites, We're always in need of passionate event masters.

+1

8. Haz

Haz Moderator
    Moderator Donator

+1

Not much to say, you represent yourself well in game and I would like to see you on our team.

9. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

User will under a trial period

10. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

ACCEPTED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.