Hehe.

Discussion in 'Issues and suggestions' started by Beatroot, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Beatroot

Beatroot Moderator

Greetings all,

This post is regarding something I see as an Issue and also a Suggestion in the means of improving the soon to be discussed Issue.

Regiment Player Caps.
    Regiment Player Cap, I will refer to it from now as RPC. The regimental player cap is a huge issue in my opinion. The only reason I see it as an Issue is that I do not agree with it I think it is pathetic, to restrict certain regiments to a set amount of numbers for whatever imaginary reasons does not make sense in my eyes. Each Regiment should be capped at a maximum of 25, it keeps each regiment with a solid flow of players and is still an easy amount to manage even without having a 2nd ic or bunch of officers. For example today I joined the server and behaved to the best of my capabilities, in order to try and join a regiment (said regiment being Horn). So I set my eyes on Horn company and RP'd and worked really hard in events to ensure I was looking good enough to join. I had messaged Lock and asked If I could try out, which he responded by saying sure, he would host tryouts for me after the 8:30 event. Anyway the 8:30 had begun and Lock comes over to the shiny line to inform me I could not try out as his slots were full, today his regiment had a steady stream of 3-6 peoples on for each event which is not that many considering there were 50+ players on the server at this point in time. Out of confusion and concern, I messaged Lock and asked if his slots were full, which he responded with, yes all 14 SLOTS! are full.
    14 Flipping slots for a fully fledge regiment?? what kind of madness is this.... there were about 14 Shinies on for each event today and they are not even considered a proper regiment?? The reason being is none of them can try out for anything because all other regiments are full???? that is literally blasphemy. from the 14 we had about 6 of them left due to not being able to try out.
    25 RPC is good as it shows what regiment is strong and thriving and who is actually a good leader and deserves to progress further. And unfortunately if the regiment is not going good and is dying and or dead then the majority of the time it is due to the said regiments officers and commanders are in this case crap, and why would we want crap commanders officers and SGT's teaching the new wave of the server?? be gone with those thots imo. anyway, the shinies need to be swept up and placed in regiments or they will get bored and just leave the server.

Shinies.
    Hahaha. Now although this will not fix the above-mentioned issue I feel it will add a bit of flavor and zest to the shinies and give them the title of actually being a regiment. Seeing as it is so hard to get into most regiments now (The regiments that are doing tryouts are not the ones I want to be joining IMO because they have Inactive or useless superiors. Not all, just some.) Why don't we appoint the title of Regiment to Shinies and make it known that they are actually there to progress in or Join if you feel uncomfortable in another regiment. That way all the regiments that claim to be a starter regiment can just be normal and not have to worry about being called a starter regiment (Because that's just stupid why would you want to be known as a starter regiment.).
    So with them progressing into a nice big Regiment why not add some extra roles to the shinies. For instance, they could have two sub-companies. ARF (Snipers), and Heavies (They use a Z-6 or Rocket Launcher). With the number of Commanders and officers, Shinies has It would not be hard to appoint a certain person to take charge of these sub-companies. It would give new players something to branch into whilst they wait for their desired regiment. They can also gain the skills and knowledge for a certain role in another regiment prior to entering and would make them look wired and determined to the commander of said regiment to join knowing they learned the basic of a role prior to joining.
    It would really add a whole lot of diversity to the shinies and let them know that they are not just a bunch of nobodies but they are in fact a supreme fighting force of the republic and are not to be messed with.

Regiment Cap

(This is not relevant if the prior issues and suggestions are pressed or considered).
    Now the only reason I bring this up is due to the prior two mentioned topics. If none of those options are considered or just shrugged off why not open the Regiment Cap to something higher also so that players are not just stuck in shinies and have more options to choose from. (I think we may be entering phase 2 soon but there is still a large number of different regiment models made are included in most packs). Offer a competent leader from another regiment to take charge of a new regiment for the flow of new players do dive into. Like lupus, or Laughing etc.

Okay so thank you for reading this post and once again please do not reply to this if you only read one paragraph. Sorry if it is too much too read and I may have repeated myself a few times, and Ignore the spelling mistakes but take it for what its worth and try to see the impact certain things do and or will have on the server.

So once again thank you for your time and I look forward to everyones feedback.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

@NiceGary You're the shiny Commander, look'at'dis.

Back on topic, I can't quite contribute much but overall I do agree.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

we had to kick @Spooks out to do arc screening :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

The regiment cap was for more or less at the time, we had like 8-9 regiments and cutting down the slots so the smaller regiments had a chance, at the time it was beneficial, but it might be time to revisit that if what you said is true Mr Beatroot

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Richard

Richard Moderator
    Moderator Donator

I have to agree with this since you can't just be forced to join the more dead regiments because some people might not like the people in the regiment or what the regiment offers. I think some regiments could be a bit lower than 25 like special regiments such as GM but yea, some regiments really need a boost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

I'm the one that couldn't try you out because of my slots but honestly I'm fine with my 12 slots.

My reg would be fairly broken if we had a lot of players considering I have op turrets, flying medics and grenadier troopers.

My reg is fun without a bunch of players and I'm like the only one other than keeli that have a player cap of 12.

Also being a leader imo sucks I dont want to micro manage a bunch of players but I do it because I love Horn and the bois in it. Anymore players and I might be unable to maintain it.

7. Beatroot

Beatroot Moderator

@s8ncaat
    It would be greatly appreciated if you did have an overlook of this please my friend, either that or let me run around screaming at loki as captain flipping Keeli ;)

@Richard
    Yeah in some instances I semi agree but the point still stands, I can not afford to put my time into something I do not enjoy due to it only have 12-14 slots and not being able to take on any more players. I may as well just leave and put my name on a waiting list for an open slot then come back when its ready. Hard times for me. Especially since I use to be a Commander and Jedi knight yet now I have come back with no rank or roles to go into. And my fav reg being security is always capped and doesn't want to allow me to join for whatever reasons. @Shenpai I guess you can take to this point to shen as this is how I feel and I understand that you don't want or need more players but even if the cap was raised you do not need to take any more people on if you feel uncomfortable anyway. I guess your way of leading is very different to mine!

@Magnus
    In a sense, nothing of value was lost Magnus. now you only have room to gain.

8. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

ok now ur perm banned LOSER MAN

9. Beatroot

Beatroot Moderator

Please, Ren told me to say it I'm just the messenger don't ban me I have too much to complain about!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

Oh yeah also my opinion here;

1. Shinies being a regiment is any idea I have always been firmly against, as it almost encourages people to not join a regiment. It also makes things just hard to run smoothly, in saying that, I dont see it as NOT a regiment, but also not a regiment. Its weird to say that but what I mean is that people CAN stay in it if they choose, but if they do so, their role is to train up people and help them get into the regiment they want to join.

2. RPC is good for new regiments. When a regiment starts, it should have a low cap (10ish), then each week, they should be reviewed at the commanders meeting, and if performance is average or better, their cap can go up by 2-4 slots, until the reach the max of 20-25. That way it stops new regiments from being crowded or too difficult to manage upon starting up and encourages growth.

3. Also, allowing commanders to restrict their own (advised) RPC would work out too. ie - shenpai doesn't want Horn to be big, let him limit it to a loose 14, in the case where someone goes above and beyond he might allow a fifteenth member but outside of that, he closes the slots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NiceGary

NiceGary Senior Event Master
    Senior Event Master Chief Community Representative

Alright as The Commander of Shinies and 1 of 2 Marshal Commander (Excluding Lupus but does he really count?) I will give my opinion.

I think the bringing in of the Regiment cap was a stupid Idea, at the time yes we had a large majority of regiments but now we are fine. Maybe next time we will have a cap on reg's so we can only have a certain number at a time instead of punishing the regiments who haven't done anything wrong. As for @Shenpai, he stated he is fine with his 14 slots. Since Horn COMPANY is a Company I see it making more sense for them to have lower numbers anyways, also as he stated his company has a lot of explosives which us EMs hate :).

As for the Shinies, my Regiment. I do not believe that shinies should have all these wonderful things you have stated (Besides medic, please give my medic back!), as Spok said if shinies join the server and have all these things presented to them and they didn't even have to tryout to get into the reg it may just Incentivise them not joining other regiments. Example of this myself and @Schmiloff were both medics, I know for myself that gave me something to do in the meantime when I wasn't doing events (MedicalRP) and when I was I could just join other regiments if by myself as their medic, or lead the other shinies that were online.

#11 NiceGary, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

@Zombie lol

13. NiceGary

NiceGary Senior Event Master
    Senior Event Master Chief Community Representative

Ahhhhh, uhhhhhh I would never forget Zombie check again!

14. RyanChiliPepper

RyanChiliPepper New Member

The Regiment player cap should be increased. CG currently has an issue with its player cap (in my opinion). Over the past week I've seen heaps of interest in people joining CG but we can't recruit any more of them due to the reg being "full".

This problem is magnified for CG as the majority of its members have other characters on the server and tend to play on those characters frequently, at the time of writing this there are 6 CG Members online but only 3 of them are actually playing as CG (Which is fair enough they shouldn't be punished for playing as other characters)

The side effect is this leaves only a few CG on at any give time. It would be nice if we were able to have some more slots for all the players wanting to join so we can actually cover all our guard posts at once, especially with the seemingly large influx of shinies recently who tend to be more adventurous than other troopers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

Here I was just popping to say Hello and got tagged in this bad boy of a thread, So I'm kind of throwing my 2c in here because the topic and suggestions hit home for me.

Firstly one of the biggest problem that has always been with the server is that the people dictating what happens on the server are normally the ones it doesn't effect and/ore aren't listening to the ones it does so they don't feel the repercussions of their decisions. "Yeah but we do have commanders meetings" How many of those commanders actually ask their troops if they'd have anything they'd like changed brought up in the meeting? How many of those commanders don't just agree with their friends to just get something changed?

Secondly Regiment caps should've been more blunt and harsh ages ago, unsure what your limit is not but 25 was always too generous. It's not hard to limit players to a 10-15 max active players with a 5 slot inactive for those regiments who do recruit then have those members go inactive so they don't get "well your at your limit even though Susan never plays" The whole point of a cap is to give all regiments a far chance and to make the regimental leader more selective in who they're choosing instead of mass recruitment.

Thirdly, being a shiny is shit when you're unknown, you play the game are taken for granted and need to either make a name for yourself or on the off chance join a regiment. The recruitment process is shit and the regiments don't put in enough effort to get those Shinies moving forward. So being stuck as a shiny can suck but feel safe because the other Shinies you're with are in the same boat. There's nothing wrong with having basic roles and positions in Shinies to allow them to have something to do and evolve whilst in the limbo period also benefiting their changes in a new reg "oh we actually need a medic lets ask the shiny medic Steve". Granted RPGs and snipers are a bit excessive but I think basic support roles should be a given with such things as medics, shield troops, defense engineers, etc.

You shouldn't be forced to go into something you're not wanting too, you also shouldn't be punished for not doing so. Players are on to play the game how they enjoy it not how you want them to enjoy it, something so trivial has little to no impact on other regiments if anything makes the Shiny more useful if they join them during an event.

"Oh Loff you don't play anymore your opinion is invalid" Actually I've given it a try a few times since leaving just to see how the server is going and to see if I could and/or wanted to get back into as I never stopped caring about the community,players or the server. To my surprise I was quite disappointed in the result of how everything had changed/not changed. During those times the only one showing any interest in the little shiny was the other little Shinies and @NiceGary.

“You’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” -Obi-Wan Kenobi.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • call the police call the police x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1