Withdrawn Hawk's Mod App

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by SPEED IS KEY, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Are you willing to test your stress?

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

around 500-600
    Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No I think the current staff are fine.
    Requirements:
    Steam ID:

STEAM_1:1:217229255
    Steam Profile Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TF2MAFIA/
    Current in game alias:
    CPL 4932 Squawk
    How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

probobly a 5 1/2
    How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?

I am 12 years old and have grown more mature from when I last applied, I believe that I could help Support the rules by trying to help minges follow rules and if they break them warn or kick them.
    Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yes, I use the teamspeak often and wish to use it more.
    Situations:
    1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would !bring <user> ontop of the ship, I would see if the users being rdm'd have any proof of the user rdm'ing, if they can show proof that he shot first and killed first out of no where, then I would warn him, however, if no one has any proof of who shot first I would verbal warn the rdm'er as I then only have the kill in console to provide it. now, if I saw this player disrespect right in front of my eyes I would !warn <user> Player disrespect, how ever if I was not there and I was called by a staff ticket, then I would see if they have any proof at all [Recording, Screen shot [If its in text] If they have the proof then I would !warn <user> player disrespect, if there is no proof shown but there is multiple witnesses [such as CPL+ because we dont know if they're lying or not] I would verbal warn the player dis respecter as I have no real proof of the player disrespect.
    2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

I would !bring <Victim/Users> on top of the ship, and I would ask the group of users if they can provide proof of what happened before the kill, If they show proof then I would !warn <Victim> RDM how ever if they cannot show proof before the kill, I would verbal warn the victim as I only have the console, but if the victim showed proper proof of them player dissing, player harassing, ect to cause the aggro to kill them I would !warn <Group of users> for what ever is shown in the proper proof, as not many people may have shadow play I will then verbal warn the victim as I have no real proof of the climbswep abuse, how ever if they did shadow play it then I would !warn <Victim> Climb swep abuse
    3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

If there was a higher up staff member on the server I would report it to them, If not then I would Discuss with him to see whats wrong, I would try to fix what ever is wrong, but if he is doing it for fun or gives no response I would then perm ban him and inform a higher up about the situation.
    4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would wait until bunk debrief is over and !bring <CMDR/LT> on top of the ship, I would proceed to find out why the argument is being caused, if its an OOC argument I would remind them there place as commanders and tell them to take it to PM's or TS next time, if the argument is in RP, then I would remind them to not argue in any briefing/debrief and for them to discuss it away from anyone else.
    5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

I would !bring <Cadet> back to the cadet room, ask for a SGT+ to come, if none come than I would TP a random SGT and tell them to contact me if he keeps minging, if he continuously minges then I would !warn <Cadet> Minging and then proceed to !kick <Cadet> Minging [Come back when you're ready to RP.]

#1 SPEED IS KEY, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

I am open for any type of feed back, Just give me some and I will edit it in as soon as I see it.

3. Dust

Dust Guest

Probably separate the questions and answers throughout the app to make it more clear, Ill make a full response some time

4. Mavrik

Mavrik Active Member
    Donator

I like the app good formatting good answers for the situations but a few things i thinks odd.

Right so im am not sure how one shows proof of insulting without screenshots of the text which isnt hard to get but if the user is being verbally insulted it becomes his word against someone else which makes it hard to determine whats true or not

again the problem with this is that i don't understand how someone can provide evidence of climbswep abuse other than a recording. which not everyone has equipment available to them to record it.

that
    ]
    other than those things its a nice app. havent seen you in game coz im more inactive that a unborn child so from the app alone im gonna give it a Neutral leaning to a +1. good luck with the app my dude

5. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

Thanks for the type of feedback dust. I have edited lines between questions and answers and hope people can see them better.
    [Red=Questions]
    [Green = Answers]

6. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

Thanks mavrik,
    "Right so im am not sure how one shows proof of insulting without screenshots of the text which isnt hard to get but if the user is being verbally insulted it becomes his word against someone else which makes it hard to determine whats true or not"
    Thats what i was menaing, Screenshots and recordings, same with other one. [I will also go up and thix that one mistake...]

7. Santa

Santa Well-Known Member
    Donator

Imma be real with you, when you ligit put up an em app 2 days ago and it getting denied within the day. What makes you think that you should apply for mod instantly. Makes you come across as power hungry, you don't care what you do as long as your staff and it makes you look bad in general.

Another your steam name is still DG/GG. That was another criticism you received yet you still have a commitment to both servers, you can be apart of two communities but when it comes to staff your going to have to commit yourself to one instead of both.

Your actual app. Just use spaces, it looks really uneededly clustered.

You've still recently just come back to the community and should wait a while longer before putting up this app.

So you know, from what I've seen of you, your a decent bloke, just wait a while. Get back into the swing of the community and when you want a position try to pick one and don't change your idea instantly. (HAHAHA that part was funny because I reg hop and I'm being hypocritical).

So yeah since I dont play the server much I ain't gonna plus one or minus one just try to take the criticism onboard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ren

Ren Banned
    Donator

Don't want to sound like a dick but didnt you apply like 3 days ago? :p

Anyway, as Santa has stated above, applying for mod pretty much instantly after getting denied doesn't create a great image to the community.

From your time in 21st. Being one of the key leaders of the regiment. I saw that you were not an authoritative person. As a staff member, you need to be able to take control of a situation when it becomes out of hand.

Try get yourself more known on the server and wait a fair few weeks before reapplying.

9. Flanks

Flanks Admin
    Admin Donator

So Hawk, here’s my two cents on this, your situations aren’t really a thing I am worried about as others will point things out that they deem wrong. I was one of your flame troopers when you were jet in Laika’s 21st. My issue being that (and I understand that you can’t control this nor can anyone else) no one really takes you seriously. I feel that me saying this is a dick move, but you don’t really strike fear into anyone. It might be a lack of me watching you but from what I’ve seen, you aren’t really the “enforcer” type

I’m not saying that you are meant to scare people, but you still need that tone. The kinda tone where, if you tell someone to stop, they stop. Also, as Santa mentioned, going for EM, getting denied then going for mod in the span of a few days doesn’t look good

I don’t think this is worthy of a -1 so for now I will be Neutral

Good luck in the future and with your Mod App

10. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

Santa, Keep in mind I got in contact with loff and mainly the real issue was that i didn't know fully how much detail events had.

And Ren that was 3-4 months ago.... [And I was never bacara that was laika] [I also meant my last Mod app like 5 months ago] also again, that same with santa's last part

And relaxius I can agree with the tone part but yet again its been 3-4 months since Iv'e had jet, iv'e gained more control.

11. Magnus

Magnus Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Donator

I'm assuming the 3533 hours you previously listed was on Garry's Mod rather than Gateway, as you've drastically downgraded.

The general idea of you in the staff team is pretty negative. You come off as power hungry, applying for EM and then Mod 4 days later. Not to mention you are still a member of both Derivative and Gateway, with possible intent to cause harm to Gateway through staffing. You really need to work on improving the view a lot of staff have on you.

You claim improvement on your image, but how do we know that? You jump on the server every couple of months, later leaving to play DG once more. For us to even believe this, you need to show that you're at least trying for staff and not come and go whenever it suits you.

This is a strong -1, work hard to gain my vote and you'll gain a lot of others as well.

12. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

I'm gonna have to stop you there. Yes I did say get in contact with me and I'll give you stuff to work on but not that's not souly why your app was denied.

I recommend going back and reading my feedback on your app as well as everyone else's. There was a number of things to work on and @Santa prettty much summed up the major stuff here.

Having two steam accounts is a concern, I don't see why it's necessary and like mentioned in the first application having a tag supporting two communities is a no go when considering a staff position. If you're to make it into staff we need to know you're dedicated to just us. Not only representing but committing your time to playing our server over others as well. (Why would players play our server if staff don't?)

You've only recently come back and whilst you're active we need to see that will last and not just be because you're back for the time being.

With the EM app, I told you to approach me if you were serious about becoming an em. To which you did however I now feel as if it was a waste of my time. I stopped what I was doing to show you the insides to an event, told you I would work with you and gave you tasks to do, rather than stick to that you go and apply for mod 2 days later. This doesn't show me you're dedicated to be an Em at all. It shows me that you're just wanting to have staff power of some sort and you don't respect myself after I gave you the time of day to help you out.

Your application is really poorly formatted and coloured to the point where I haven't even gone through and read it to be able to give you feedback on you responses.

Massuve -1 from me, going to be extremely hard to concince me otherwise.

You have plenty of potential, you're a good person and behave well on the server, I can see you're eager to contribute but you need to make your mind up on how you want to do that and work on the feedback before going for it.

#12 Schmiloff, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

I have the same opinion as everyone here. Applying for mod just days after being denied from em seems power hungry. The formatting of your application is... different and to me just unneeded, basically pointless. I know you ingame, you seem alright but as of this time, I don't see you stand out or fit for the staff team. As others have said, dedication is key for you here, dedicate to GG and show you want the position, rather than disappear to DG for a while than come back for a short time expecting staff. That's not whats happening nor will it happen.

I'll be watching for rp contribution ingame as well as activity. I want to notice your dedication, not just basic "yeh i'm on, give me mod?"

for this application, I'll put my vote as a:

Good luck

14. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

Magnus i did the 3k hours on game tracker with both my new acc and my old accounr which broke [Including all allias's on both accounts.
    And loff I only have 2 accounts because My old one broke with steam authenticator and I tried pre much everything to fix it but i didn't

15. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

I don't think you did 3k hours on GG. Maybe you did, but I highly doubt it.

• what the juice what the juice x 1
  16. SPEED IS KEY

SPEED IS KEY Member

I mean, I did start playing GG allmost 2 years ago, I only got into DG like 4-5 months ago

17. Santa

Santa Well-Known Member
    Donator

Youve ligit responded to criticism in such a trashy way. Instead of going over each points making an attempt to refute them or accepting them as fact. You choose certain points you think you have a valid point to argue against. Instead of just taking on criticism that is shared between multiple people.

18. Magnus

Magnus Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Donator

The only person close to three thousand hours is Quebix under his one name. I very much doubt you've played for 3 thousand hours when other prominent members of the community sit around 1-2 thousand.

19. SimpleStuff

SimpleStuff Active Member
    Donator

On Gametracker it shows who all have the most hours, and your name does not appear.

20. Nails

Nails Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Sorry if this looks bad I’m replying on my phone.

First off When I first saw you come back I instantly saw you RDM multiple times after telling you to stop. You only stop when Marco joined the server and you went dead silent about it.

As for this application you can’t check the logs unless you are Super Admin so find out another way. Also for Question 2 (I can’t quote on the phone) But you warned someone for “Wasting your time”.... Why? Figure out a better answer for that since I can’t really tell you what to do. Now about question 3? What if you couldn’t get staff?

There is probably more mistakes but I am not your cheat sheet so figure it yourself

It’s a -1 for me. I won’t be able to change my mind since I’m sorta AFK :)

#20 Nails, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.