Good Deeds

Discussion in 'General Discussion (OOC)' started by Noceur, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Ratings:
    +218 / 40 / -6
    I realize that I'm in no way, shape, or form the absolute best at creating training courses and the like, but as of late I figured "Hey, why not help a few officers and sergeants out." and have decided to be open to a little community service and hopefully up the standard overall on the server when it comes to regimental training.

I'm offering to create dupes on request, for anyone whom needs them for regimental training, and it can be as small, or as large as wished.

If you know someone whom would like a few dupes made for themselves/their regimental sub-company, or their little friends group to train with, contact myself and I'd love to assist and hand out/create a dupe or two to aide in stepping up the quality of regimental training on the server for those who aren't quite there yet in terms of gmod RP/combat dupe creating.

Note that I am not going to bother with climbswep courses, I will openly admit I'm utter shit at climbswep, and have never bothered with it enough to improve, so that's unfortunately the only exception to this. Oops?

This post really doesn't need to get that much attention if it isn't completely required, but hey if someone sees this and feels that they could benefit from a few freebies, what's the harm in it.

A FEW EXAMPLES OF DUPES I'M WILLING TO GIVE OUT, AND THEIR USES:

[​IMG]

Colour coded breaching course that can be used in a few different ways. My thought process when making this was rather simple.

Red = Enemy
    Blue = /me strips weapons and comms, don't shoot.
    Purple = /me unbinds and saves hostage
    Green = Friendly
    White = HVT. Shoot the top of the target, leave the bottom to incapacitate.

The dupe itself has a few hidden rooms of which require a second look to find the entrypoint to, of which is a destructable prop. This dupe encourages players to remember, and follow orders, and not to simply go in guns blazing. Colour codes can be changed and altered depending on the need of the regiment.

[​IMG]
    Compass bearing callout course. This dupe is a lot simpler, and was made primarily with the idea of teaching players compass based callouts in mind. The participant will have bearings and directions called out by the trainer, and will engage in the destructable red slabs as ordered. Relatively straightforward dupe with no need for much explaination.

Honestly, I have no ulterior motive with this, and am simply doing this as a gesture of goodwill to the server and the community, so please, if anybody requires any number of dupes for their regiment, do contact me or post on this thread and I'd love to chip in and help.

(yes, this post is random as fuck and came out of nowhere, but 'ey, I'm bored, and I like building.)

2. Ren

Ren Advisor
    Advisor Donator

Ratings:
    +363 / 129 / -27
    Thank you Noc, very cool

• PJ Salty PJ Salty x 1
    • YEET YEET x 1
  3. Ajax

Ajax Moderator

Ratings:
    +190 / 32 / -7
    That second one is agreat idea for reaction testing, I like the ideas.

[No Ulterior Motive] = Trying to take over the server with dupes, very crafty.

4. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Ratings:
    +218 / 40 / -6
    shhh don't tell them