Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Cuffs, May 11, 2018.

1. Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member
    Donator Map Developer

1) I suggest you fix the forum suggestion section so people can actually suggest shit...

2) Stop removing posts from the Off Topic Section unless they are direct hate speech. It is Off topic and does not count towards your post count.

2a) Make fourm title prefixes that state whether the post may be offensive, racist, NSFW or whatever

3) If Forum staff remove a post for whatever reason, ensure that the reason listed in the removal.
    THIS MEANS THAT FORUM STAFF HAVE TO REFER TO THE RULES
    http://www.gatewaygaming.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/forums-rules-and-guidelines-read-this.3518/

EG: This post was removed: Violation of Rule 4b.) Arguing (in a form of flaming)

This is a simple request. This IS how it should always be, no exceptions.

Iv had to put up with this issue my self, my posts being removed without a valid reason/one not being given.

4) If you decide to remove a post for a certain rule, ensure that it actually violates that rule. Don't try and say that "From a certain perspective" or "In this context". Rules are either violated or they are not, there are no in-betweens. Don't remove a post because it "may be seen as offensive" or it "May contain an ulterior motive" unless you can directly prove that they exist.

These are simple requests... like them or not, it is in my opinion how the forums should be run.

• what the juice what the juice x 1
  2. Rambo

Rambo Senior Admin
    Senior Admin Donator

"Do or do not... There is no try"

3. Deadly

Deadly Well-Known Member
    Donator

Only back for 30 seconds and the man is straight to work hell yeah

4. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Guy Donator

1: Will look into it shouldn't be an issue.

2: Off topic doesn't mean pointless useless posts that have zero effect on anything. I will completely remake the rules most likely with spooks as he tends to have a different perspective on the forums and how it should be run.

2a: I've looked into making more prefixes however haven't really had much luck, this is a very good idea unfortunately with Blackfire gone Its trial and error for me to make more.

3: As said I'll be redoing the rules. Aussi has been doing quite well in terms of messaging people who's posts have been del'd. I will ask Magnus to do the same and all other staff members capable of del'ing posts

4: Although you are capable of making any post you like it's up to forum staff and senior staff to judge if it breaks the rules. Just like on the server when someone is being mingy every moderator might have a different opinion on what to do with them. If a forum mod has del'd something which you think was fine then report it to any senior rank or myself and we will determine if it was correct or not.

Do not mistake me for saying "we dont follow the rules" I'm saying every situation is different.

Your feedback has been taken and will be put to good use. Thank you for taking the time to write something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sith Sith x 1
  5. Omo

Omo Event Master
    Event Master Donator Map Developer

I mean, Forum tags aren't that hard, but I'll leave it up to you.

• Quality Post Quality Post x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1