[Forum Staff Application] Richard

Discussion in 'Forum Staff Applications' started by Richard, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard

Richard Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Admin Donator

Basic Info:

1. Most common Alias: Richard

2. Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44800507

3. Age: 17

4. Time Zone: Melbourne (AEDST)

5. What Time Are You On The Forums Most Often: Whenever I'm awake really but normally 6:30 onwards but I'm on regardless.

6. Have You Ever Received A Verbal Or Recorded Warning On The Forums: I don't believe I have.

7. Do You Have Any Previous Experience With XenForo Forum Software: No, but I would like to learn since there is a first time for everything.

8. Do You Have Any Previous Experience As A Forum Staff?: Yet again no but willing to be dedicated to the role and increase my skill as one fast.

9. How Much Time Do You Spend On The Forums Daily?: Probably around 6-12 hours

10. How Regularly Do You Use The Gateway Teamspeak?: Everyday I can, even if I'm not on the server.

11. Why Do You Want To Be A Forum Staff Of Gateway Gaming?: I feel it would be good to have a more active forum staff team to make it easier for other members whilst providing support whenever needed. I also want to do as much as I can for the server in any way possible. Another thing is how I contribute to the forums having I would like to assume a positive reputation on the forums with respected posts/opinions. Also I am a mega gateway gamer.

12. Have You Applied For Or Been Given Any Other Staff Positions In This Community?: Yes I'm a server mod and a CRC member.

Scenarios:

1. A group of 4 users from another community come onto the forums and start antagonizing the community specifically targeting people in the IRL section of our forums with hate speech, how do you deal with this group? Explain in thorough detail.
    I would delete all of their hate posts first at an instant to avoid any negative responses and spread hate. I would them message all 4 of the users privately asking what was their reasoning for it and what they have against the community, I would however avoid asking about the IRL stuff not being my business. I would after that, see if I can get a name of the community they came from and report this to staff/execs to warn them of their presence. Now after that, I would monitor their activity on the forums, if they decide to be well behaved or leave the community, promising end to the conflict. If they however decide to continue with hate messages and negative comments, I will ban their accounts from the forums, also making sure that any new accounts relating to them are dealt with in a similar fashion.

2. An ex staff member has re-joined the community recently, they become active on the forums but start behaving in a somewhat undesirable manner (pick on people in the shout box etc.) How do you deal with the long-time community member?
    This can differ depending on how severe the actions are. But I would talk to the returning member personally and first ask if he intended to offend anyone else or behave so negatively, if not I would ask him to try being a bit careful next time and let him enjoy his time back on the server. However if he has a problem with how the current server operates then I would ask him to first cut the attitude, reminding him that even though he is an old, returning and well-known player, that he won't get away with whatever he wants and that punishments would be given out. I would then ask him to avoid publicly posting negative comments to the forums and if he has something to be said, to tell them privately and in a respectful way. If he continued to publicly post negative things, I would get the opinion of forum staff and senior+ staff on banning them on the forums since they aren't willing to comply, and go through with it once accepted.

3. A young creator has posted his YouTube videos of the clone wars server in his regiments IC area, is this the proper area for the thread? If not where should it be moved to?
    It would depend since he could be roleplaying/setting something up relating to his regiment. If it's just a random funny video however, I would move it to the OOC area of the forums, and replying to it saying "This has been moved to the OOC section since it is not an in character thing and this is a more suitable area".

4. A new or unknown user joins our forums, there is no proof that this user plays on the server or uses our team speak. He starts posing regularly in sections of the forums but acts odd in certain sections of the forums, it starts to concern other users however this "user" is not breaking any rules directly but members of the community have reported more than once. How do you react to this situation, be creative.
    First I would go over his posts and the reports at the same time, seeing what is upsetting people and dealing with it, weather it be the area it is posted, a shitpost or other. I would then ask the people with complaints privately to give me a detailed reason of why they are upset, if it is acceptable then I would ask the user to avoid posting things like what is listed as controversial and explain why is it upsetting people. Once he understands I would let him enjoy his time.

5. The user from the last scenario messages you directly asking for you to connect to his team speak to speak to him/her regarding you actions/judgement or lack of action.
    This would only happen if he either ignored/didn't see my message I sent him but, if he wanted to speak through a private team speak chat I would gladly join and discuss with him my reasons for actions and explain again why what he was doing was wrong, but offer things for him to do instead of what he has been doing. I would keep talking until he complies, and leave him off to have fun.

I do thank whoever went out of their way and took their time to read this, I recommend and appreciate and positive or negative feedback you would leave. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

yes a future in moving posts and messaging shenpai to do things is rightfully yours

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

Yeah Magnus is right.

I won't state a -1 or +1 but like Fiery doesn't even really do anything right now and Magnus did almost nothing.

I'll think about it and see if I can find something more for forum staff to do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Graves

Graves Forum Addict

Legit unless you want to learn html code and replace shenpai daddy as forum manager then there is fuck all for you to do. Only apply if you want another spoopy rank.

5. Richard

Richard Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator Admin Donator

I guess someone has to be forum staff and I wouldn’t mind learning new things. And if I make it Shenpai said he might be adding to the role if possible which could be kinda cool. But I appreciate the response however.

6. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

I said I'll see what I can add to the role. So far nothing lol

7. Ren

Ren Forum Addict
    Admin Donator

I mean, the whole point of forum staff originally was to simply police the forums and look for bad boys and girls making bad comments and posts. Yes that may not happen a lot however it is still useful to have someone there to fix it.

+1 give him a go, its not like it'll harm anything

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stooge

Stooge Community Director
    Community Director

Accepted.
    Approach @Shenpai about receiving your forum rank. He will set you up and tell you what you need to know.

Some Quick Tips.
    1. Make sure you don't abuse your forum rank for any self gain.
    2. Understand that you are here to help monitor the forums and keep the peace.
    3. Your forum rank gets you 0 say in game or on Team speak, you are here to assist the forums as much as you can.
    4. Make sure you keep posting on the forums so you can help keep this a busy website.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.