Draa's EM Application Take 2

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by [GG]Shark, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

Basic Information

Steam Name:

[GG]Shark

Steam ID:

STEAM_1:1:59556654

Steam Community:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/simpleclone

In game alias:

Lieutenant Captain Autumn, Sub Lieutenant Winters, FCP 1471 Del

Would not like to disclose, will make it public if required by staff, though I am above the required.

Time Played:

995.79 according to Gametracker over 2 account names

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Due to me having experience in many events over my time playing the server, I believe I can create a style of event that can combine my favourite aspects of the events I have played in. I want to keep in touch with the player base & ask what style of events they enjoy so I can further expand on my current way of event hosting. I am willing to communicate with players & staff alike in TS, over Steam message or ingame after events to give me feedback.

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

I have been playing since late 2016 & have gone on 3 long breaks.

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

I am decently familiar with all the tools the available to an EM, such as EGS, health, no target & proficiency.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is:

Yes I am aware how much the server can handle. GMod is an unstable platform when it comes to NPC spawning, so overpopulation of NPCs can easily kill the server. Larger objects such as landers should be limited as they also cause a large amount of lag. I have also performed the role of Event Master on other servers & I understand how much is too much.

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events:

Yes, I understand that when not performing the role of Event Master, I should not be using the ULX powers.

Do you have any event experience e.g. played a key character in an event before:

I have played key & minor event characters in many different events, ranging from hostages, HVTs & commando droids. I’ve been in Sleigh’s, Marco’s (RIP) Gary’s, Noc’s & other EMs in the past.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have:

Around 7-8, I have quite a bit of knowledge about the Clone War era, information of course sourcing from both Legends & the new Canon. Any information that I would need for an event I would just have to look in my Star Wars Encyclopedia books I keep around.

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

I was inspired by the fact that we have such little event staff while still being about to pull off decent events, which I can presume is very stressful & I believe adding an additional member to the team would help immensely. I’ve always wanted to be an EM, so I felt this was the right time. People such as Sleigh, Gary & Beetroot have inspired me to make the jump from regular player to EM.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever):

I do understand that players can be very unpredictable & that nothing goes to plan. I believe I have the skill set to adjust accordingly to player actions in a realistic but fun way.

Are you confident that you can do proper fully fledged briefings and debriefings:

I have performed debriefs as ECs before & obviously done bunks debriefing, I am confident I can do proper briefing/debriefings.

Scenarios:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Beforehand, Grievous would have been !buddha. I would turn this into a possible RP situation, where the players would have to search the area for Grievous’ body. Using meteors around the area would give the effect that it was malfunction and completely intentional. Grievous would RP leave the wreckage, wounded & try to escape the situation.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

Ask the user to please keep the negative chatter out of the chat. If they had any recommendations about how to improve the event they could tell me privately after the event. People have their own opinion in what types of events they find fun & I can’t change that. However if the complaints turned into proper abuse, I would ask other staff members to deal with the user as I have an event to run.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

The event would have to divert to a situation where a EM is not required, for example, passive RP, or a hostage situation. I should of checked before hand if I had anything scheduled IRL for the time.

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

Durkur Incident

#1 [GG]Shark, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. NiceGary

NiceGary Event Master
    Event Master

Gone for it again, that's great! I've always thought you'd be a great edition to the EM team. Also before hand you gave me a preview of the app to see if I found anything wrong with it. I have given my feedback to you in person. +1

3. Haz

Haz Moderator
    Moderator Donator

+1

Dedicated member of the community and I would like to see him in the EM team

4. SimpleStuff

SimpleStuff Active Member
    Donator

Proved his dedication to the server of the past few months, his application looks good. Seems like he would make a great EM. +1

5. Ajax

Ajax Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You’ve been decently active in the last few months, I’ve brushed over both the application and the event plan and can find no glaring issues. I’m always an advocate for increasing the event team so that we’re able to provide a better, more immersive experience for all. Good luck with your Application! +1

6. Hawke

Hawke Member
    Donator

Draa knows what he's doing and is serious about his work
    +1

7. AvaryAce

AvaryAce Junior Event Master

Ayyy this guy, he knows what he dose and he dose it good +1

8. Flanks

Flanks Admin
    Admin Donator

+1

Draa is an active member and has been here for quite a while. I have worked very closely with him and he seems to know what he’s doing.

9. Chreign

Chreign Member

Draa. It's obvious you are an active and popular memeber of the community, as stated above as well as observations in-game. Your RP in Zulu squad as far as I have seen is pretty good. However, we have barely interacted and as a result I cannot make a proper judgement if you're EM material. For now, I will say Neutral. I'll try and talk with you sometime and maker a proper judgement. Remember, my answer can always change. Best of luck mate.

~Chreign.

10. [GG]Shark

[GG]Shark Junior Event Master

Sure, I'd be more than happy to have a chat with you. Just chuck me a poke on TS because that's where I spend most of my time.

• YEET YEET x 1
  11. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

User will undergo a trial period

12. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

ACCEPTED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.