Debrief Promotions

Discussion in 'Issues and suggestions' started by Goatward, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No

78.9%
  1. Goatward

Goatward Member

So, I heard this being talked about in teamspeak, and I thought I'd post it here so everyone can see it.

The basic idea is that, instead of doing promotions in bunks, they're done in debrief, so that everyone can see who gets promoted and congratulate them.

The way it would work, I imagine, would be the EM would say something along the lines of "Do any commanders wish to say anything?" And then a commander will step up and say "CT-####, Pease step forward, due to your efforts in the field, I am promoting you to the rank of Private" or something along those lines

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member
    Donator

May just be me but we have enough trouble remembering to do POTW but in all seriousness, this just complicates thing like I like the idea but if every time we do debrief we have to wait an extra 20 min or so because people need to do promotions it will really eat into the free time we get to do training and other things plus promotions are quicker to do in bunks and they can tie into the debriefing that the Officer may want to do. Another problem that ties into my original point is that what happens when the event runs into overtime and we finish the 8:30 at 10 then that only gives us a tiny amount of time to do training, as well as people needing to go to bed as well as the commanders meeting sometimes?

Overall I like the idea but maybe if it was just at a certain rank you can be promoted at a debriefing like only officers so that we don't do it as often?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Whilst not a bad idea in theory, it realistically removes any reason for a regiment to actually go through their own debrief.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Goatward

Goatward Member

Yeah, thinking about it now, officers only would probably better

5. Flanks

Flanks Admin
    Admin Donator

Honestly, I see no point in this other than to be able to congratulate people on their promos, but I feel some users would get carried away and micspam Etc. Another issue would be that it then makes the use of Bunks redundant. Usually people go to their bunks for Regimental DB and if not they claim a hangar to train or just chill with their friends.

TL;DR

Makes regimental bunks redundant and could encourage inappropriate behaviour

6. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager Donator

Whilst I can mainly agree with most points, officer + only could be a nice exception, due to the fact they're somewhat special.

7. F1r3 Bu113ts

F1r3 Bu113ts Forum Staff
    Forum Moderator

Agreed with S8n. Any officer+ promotions should be addressed in debriefs as it can show how quickly that person is being promoted to everyone as well as it being a achievement, not just a simple promotion as officer+ promotions are more difficult to attain.
    woot, 100 posts too

8. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Reading through this roughly, and I feel an idea could be put out.

What if, only the regiments of whom placed during the events are legible for a debrief promotion? This allows bunk debriefs to still be viable, and gives more incentive for both the event masters to properly place regiments, alongside appeal to the original idea of this.

Thoughts?

I also feel as if this should/could be a Commanders Meeting thing, given the attention it's received.

9. Omo

Omo Moderator
    Moderator Donator Map Developer

Hello. We already agreed on this in the Commander's Meeting, that shinies can be promoted up to SPC by any Event Master at any time if that shiny receive recommendations. It's annoying to see not one of these promotions has happened considering it gives a big incentive for Shinies and new players to stay with the server.

In regards to this, it should be Officer+ Promotions that are done in debrief to deter the debrief going for 40 years I think. As well as, sometimes people want to do promotions and such in bunks rather than in front of everyone.

10. Goatward

Goatward Member

Actually Haz did prromote 1 or 2 shinies a while back, but I don't think anyone else has. But otherwise I agree with everything you've said