Connection issues

Discussion in 'Issues and suggestions' started by Chreign, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

About an hour ago at the time of writing, for some reason I can no longer connect to the server. I can see the server on my lists but it is refusing to connect. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

Can you tell us exactly what happens when you try and connect. Do you get any errors message, does your gmod simply close and etc.

3. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

whenever I attempt to join, it'll just say "Connecting" with two bars, and then after a while it'll say "Connection failed after 6 failed attempts". The server shows up on my list though. @Shenpai

4. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

Here's a screenshot:

Attached Files:

5. Ajax

Ajax Admin
    Admin

I think a safe bet would be the whole validate game cache if you haven’t already, if it doesn’t affect it, perhaps you have to reinstall? I’m no self-proclaimed tech wizard though, there may be a solution to it yet.

6. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

Yep, I agree. I might restart wifi and reinstall game and all that crap if required tomorrow.

7. Chreign

Chreign Active Member

Just tried verifying integrity of game, and it's done nothing. I tried joining another server and it came up with the same problem, so it's something wrong with my internet/computer. Currently trying to find out what's causing it and fixing it.