Centurion's EM Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Centurion, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Centurion

Centurion Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

Infidel
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +29 / 5 / -3
    Basic Information
    Steam Name: Centurion
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:127038442
    In-game Alias: Youngling Gracchus / RC-5576 'Gregor'
    Time Played: 140+ hours total.

Questions
    How will you bring new and creative ideas to the server?
    Listen to player feedback on what they find to be fun and not fun. It can be as simple as just asking a random player what they think about x event. What's important, however, is you be specific about who you're asking. Putting in the question of how good your event was in OOC might get a few responses but generally, people aren't bothered to that because who really cares? In trying to collect feedback for events, I would directly approach players from different regiments, whether they be 501st or Jedi, and ask them what they like about x events and what they don't like.

For example, players are finding that I spawn too many NPCs which makes it impossible to advance and they are forced to sit back and snipe. I would remedy such an error by spacing out NPC spawns so that their fire is less concentrated. Of course, the player should have a challenge they must overcome but challenge should not feel unfair, resulting in players disliking it.

As an addon to this, I would also gather ideas from players and from different materials where I can whether they be other video games, movies, TV shows, that might give interesting concepts and scenarios as well as scenarios from other video games that I could translate into Gmod, such as a game mode from Battlefront 2.

Have you participated in many of our events?

I have participated in many events, in such that I've made missing an event to be a rare occasion for me. I don't have a life so I'm stuck here playing Gmod as I'm too poor to buy anything else.

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?
    As far as I know, the NPC tools are in the FastDL so I haven't exactly been able to explore such a range of tools in singleplayer. However, I have been able to expand my knowledge of such tools from other EMs.

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Master's disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses.

1. ADV Duplicator 2 - This tool allows EMs to make a construct, copy said construct, and paste it whenever and wherever they please at a click of a button.
    2. NPC Proficiency - This tool allows EMs to essentially set the accuracy of NPCs, whether the EM wants the NPC to be able to aim like a toddler or a professional Quake player.
    3. NPC Creator - This tool allows EMs to spawn NPCs with their tool gun.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?
    I am aware that props, decals, entities, constraints, etc contribute to the load the server has to take and will always try to minimize the load that the server has to take.

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse.

1. Dealing with an RDM - The EM's job is not that of a moderator and thus must not attempt to do the jobs that fall under moderation jurisdiction. Of course, if someone's trying to mass RDM and there's no other staff nearby you should grab the offender with your physgun but only to hand him over to a moderation member.
    2. Spawning NPCs to grind XP - You're given your powers to make events that will entertain the server, not for your own exclusive benefit.
    3. Picking someone CG is chasing up with a physgun for an in-character offense to assist in an arrest - This is just straight up FailRP.

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before.

I have not had event experience on this server. I have, however, had EM experience from a previous (shut down) SWRP server where Marco also came from as an EM.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

7-8. I definitely know my fair share of Star Wars lore but I'm by no means an expert in the more deeper lore.

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ULX commands?

6-7. I am unfamiliar with this server's set of ULX commands, seeing as I am and have not been a staff member on this server but I am aware of the more general ULX commands such as !tp, !exit, etc.

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master.

One observation I have made is that NPCs spawned with low health are fun to shoot but often not challenging enough. On the other hand, NPCs that are spawned with high health are challenging but not fun to shoot as they devolve into bullet sponges. What inspired to become an event master as the desire to see more events where you are given a fair challenge where it's also fun to actually shoot the enemies.

Having enemies spawned in your face or on your behind is pretty annoying as well when there was no method of transportation present so I definitely want to not do that.

Do you understand that most events rely on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan?

Yes, you just have to adapt to whatever happens.

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

Very confident. I've given briefings and debriefings before and I've gotten very confident in them so it definitely won't be an issue for me.

Scenarios
    1. An event doesn't go as planned and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?
    Improvise that Grievous crawled into the vents and get the players to try to search for him.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?
    Look at what the player is complaining about and see how I can remedy such a complaint.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

Not do events during a timeframe where I can foresee myself possibly having to go AFK, such as ordering UberEats. I would also not do an event where there's not at least a moderator on that could take my place should, for example, my power go out.

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Attempt to investigate what exactly is causing the lag and remove it, if possible. I would share this information in OOC chat so as to give the players peace of mind that I am, in fact, trying my best to keep lag at an absolute minimum.

Operation David
    Preparation: Call all officers commanding and acting OCs to x location to brief them on their mission.

[​IMG]

The briefing will follow the convention of the Five Paragraph Order aka SMEAC.

SITUATION
    Intel has discovered the CIS have been producing a new prototype weapon in the form of an artillery battery. The artillery battery has an accuracy rating that exceeds even the best of ours by light years. Should the CIS be able to introduce this weapon into the main CIS forces, it could turn the tide of war.

MISSION
    Assault the CIS factory and gain any intel from the factory's system about this weapon before destroying the factory itself.

EXECUTION

RC and Alpha ARC will comprise battlegroup Bravo.
    The rest of the forces will comprise battlegroup Alpha.

Phase 1
    • Alpha will make landing and proceed along the planned path, stopping at the holding point so as to not come into the enemy artillery's field of fire.
    • Bravo will infil behind the artillery position and infiltrate the Arena, where the artillery is positioned, and destroy the artillery units there.
    • Once both objectives are completed phase 2 will begin.
    Phase 2
    • Alpha will assault the main factory entrance, pushing the droids back and into the factory itself.
    • As the droids are preoccupied with battlegroup Alpha, Bravo will infiltrate the factory through the Silos. Bravo will plant explosive charges at critical parts of the factory and will splice into the factory's system to try to get as much information on the weapon as possible.
    • Once both objectives are completed LAAT transports will be sent down and all forces are to evacuate as the factory is demolished.
    ADMIN AND LOGISTICS
    ROE: Open fire on targets with hostile intent.
    Transport: LAAT gunships.
    Equipment: Standard Republic gear.
    Resupply: Reinforcements will be sent down to the AO as needed via LAATs.

INTEL
    Enemy Forces: B1s, B2s, BXs, enemy armor, enemy air, and enemy artillery.
    Environment: Geonosis - hot desert with canyons.

Briefing: Officers commanding and acting OCs will be instructed to brief their forces on the mission. One the allotted time has passed, all forces are to be called to the main hangar for deployment.

change to map hfg_swrp_geonosis

Planetside:

1. Place 2 cannon dupes inside the arena.
    2. Place a system terminal dupe inside the arena on the bottom floor.
    3. Place LAAT/Teleporter combo dupes for LZ Alpha and Bravo.
    4. Get a fellow EM or mod ready with an RPS with unlimited ammo to shoot anyone found within the artillery's field of fire.
    5. Spawn BXs to protect the arena.
    6. Spawn B1s and B2s to try to repel battlegroup Alpha.
    7. Droids will be spawned as the forces advance so as to minimize NPC numbers and thus their load on the server.
    8. [PHASE 1 IS COMPLETED]
    9. Move LAAT/Teleporters up.
    10. Enemy artillery will no longer be present and phase 2 can commence.
    11. Begin spawning B1s and B2s at the front entrance of the factory.
    12. Spawn BXs at the bottom floor of the factory to meet battlegroup Bravo.
    13. As Alpha bushes the droids back their spawns will move deeper in the cave.
    14. [PHASE 2 IS COMPLETED]
    15. Spawn 2 LAATs outside the factory for evac.
    16. Once both LAATs are airborne change map back to default.
    If Phase 1 can't be completed, there will be a general withdrawal and the mission will be failed.
    If Phase 2 can't be completed, there will be a general withdrawal and the mission will be failed.

Debriefing:
    Summarise what happened on the mission and congratulate the men on a mission done or scold them on a mission failed. Placements will only take place if the mission was successful.

2. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Ratings:
    +212 / 25 / -4
    If nothing else, I know that for the most part Centurion is a well-articulated and mature individual, shown by the application itself. However, in saying that, there is a concern that lingers on my mind. The server you speak of being on previously along with Marco, held experiences that quite soured my own image of you. In positions of power, I had noticed you weren't unlike the cockhead that was in charge of the ill-fated server in question. Now, in saying that, since your return to Gateway, you've been nothing but beneficial to the server from what I've seen, and any remnants of that ego that I had seen on TGC appears to be relatively extinguished. Given the past experience, I thought it prudent that this be brought to light, however as we all know, much can change in the space of a couple of years.

Despite the precautionary rant, the maturity and pro activeness you've shown would go in good standing with the current EM team

+1

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Springs0

Springs0 Member
    Donator

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Like Herd, I've known him for a long while now, and he shows a good amount of dedication when given roles, as recently evident by his performance with Foxtrot, overall he would make a fairly solid EM and deserves a chance to prove it. +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The_Mainman

The_Mainman Active Member
    Donator

Ratings:
    +103 / 32 / -9
    Like the previous 2 posts, and as mentioned by Centurion. I have known him for a long while.

What's encouraging to me and what makes me hopeful that he will be an em at some point is the fact that ever since he rejoined the community and joined RC, he has been interested in EM, he's asked me tons of questions and showed a keen interest in becoming an Event master.

He is well spoken, experienced and genuine. I believe he should get a chance to be an EM

+Support

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Ratings:
    +231 / 41 / -6
    User will undergo a 3 event trial

6. Noceur

Noceur Head Event Master
    Head Event Master

Ratings: