Accepted Aussie's Senior Event Master App

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Aussi, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

[​IMG]

Note: The role of Senior Event staff requires immense dedication, patience and persistence. Through this position, you will be responsible for the training of new event staff and the overall guidance and coordination of the Event team. Failures of the team will fall towards your own shortcomings. Do not apply for this for the sake of progression, you will need to put in a lot of effort and work towards the maintenance of the events.

Basic Details:

Steam Profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059408794

Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:0:49571533

In game alias:
    Supreme Advisor 04/1129 O'Niner, General Kit Fisto, SSG 9211 Aussie, ARC Trainee R 99

Estimated hours on the server:
    1700+ hours. (as it says on gametracker when combining all my alias')

Estimated time as Event Staff:
    If counting previous time I would say almost 2 years. Not counting that I would say almost 2 months.

Questions:

Why do you want to be Senior Event Staff?

I personally want to become SEM because I took notice at the lack of senior support in the event team. Not to mention I was told by a few to apply, which would be my reasons for the interest in this role. I believe I have the experience for this role in my previous positions as senior staff roles as well as a experienced event master.

Do you feel you have the capabilities to ensure the organisation and consistency of the event team?

I feel that I am capable in managing and assisting the event team with simple and complicated things. From previous experiences

What skills do you have that will assist you in this position?

I have good management skills as well as keeping things scheduled and noted.
    I feel that I am approachable to staff and players alike.
    I am confident in speaking so I could assist in Event meetings or just generally talking to other EMs.
    I feel that I am able to see multiple points of view/perspectives when dealing with complicated matters.

What do you currently feel to be the biggest issues with your own events?

I feel that after doing so many events in my time I find myself scraping for ideas, However that being I do spend quite a bit of time thinking of new ways to entertain the server.
    another issue would be that my mic cuts out quite commonly ( this is a client-side issue, not a actual equipment issue.)

What sets your events apart from that of the other event staff?

I can't really say much as i dont get to see everyone's events but I feel every now and then I get very experimental with events, pushing the boundaries of what is considered a Good event, whether be having a lighter or darker tone to using entities or NPCs we would not usually use in events.
    That being said I am fulling aware of the line that is set for event masters and I do not cross it unless its for the players benefit (this is a rare case most of the time)

Situations:

1. You book the first event slot and, upon completing it, you notice that no other event staff have booked the other slots. Explain how you would handle this.

I would make sure I have added all the Event team via steam and contact the ones with green listed in the timetables. If this could not be booked i would take it myself ( this is depending on their reasoning for not taking the event, as if they couldn't be stuffed they would likely get a strike on the Tracker)

2. A new event staff begins booking slots, you notice that they do not change the colour of their slots and forget to list down the maps they use. How would you resolve this?

I would warn them of this as it is a strike-able offence and remind them to list their maps, failure to do this would result in a final warning and if it somehow happens again I would strike them ( as being warned twice seems fair enough) that being said i would only strike them if it happened at a consistent rate, as people forget to list maps every now and then (myself included)

3. You notice that a specific regiment on the server has been ignoring all orders you give during an event for about a week or so, what do you do?

I would sit the Commander down and talk to him about this, If he continued to do this I would bring it to a Marshal Commander. As not long ago a rule was made against punishing troopers after events (as it would be considered abuse of our Event Characters)
    If somehow this still continued I would use my abilities in the event to scold them, if this was not taken seriously I could make it a Staff issue as disobeying order multiple times is considered failRP (as not every clone is a massive edge lord who doesn't need to listen to people) and would warn them via the warn system, I would continue to watch over them for the next couple of events.

4. Two Event Staff are having a heated argument about a slot that one of the EMs allegedly stole after it was already booked by the other, both of them contact you complaining about the situation. How would you handle this?

I would take this into a private channel and have them both explain their stories one at a time. using their stories I would determine who took the slot first, I would also access the staff tracker and look through the previous versions. once this is done I would scold the one who took the slot and depending how serve it was I would strike them.

Tasks:

1. Outline the process of training you would provide to a new event staff who has just been accepted into the position.

I would first assign a event that they would be available for (such as a 8.30 on a Wednesday) once thats done I would run the event and have them assist me. once this event's finished I would book another slot and have the roles reversed (me assisting him in the event)

if he/she was successful with this event we would do another event but this time focusing on another element in the events (such as passive Rp or multiple objective events)

If he/she was successful with this I would finally make them run a event alone and I would observe them, I would make sure they make use of building dupes and other tools (maybe even ships)
    Once this is done I would report to the head EM about the progress and decide from there.

2. Briefly design a potential event staff challenge that you feel would be beneficial for the event staff to complete, explain why you believe so.

Challenge: Jedi Side missions
    each EM must produce at least 1 Jedi Side mission for one of their events, this would test them on their lore knowledge with the Jedi as well as their skill in Jedi RP (example would be the Jedi discovering a run down temple that is sealed, they would have to role-play with the force to open it up, they could retrieve the Jedi artifacts inside and return to base with them)

This would be useful as many events focus mainly on the clones for all of their events, making it quite unfair/annoying for the Jedi. having a Jedi mission for them would make them feel included and prove the EMs multi-tasking skills.

3. Plan out an idea for an entire campaign, use as much detail as possible.

CAMPAIGN: The Gathering

Part 1: We intercept mysterious activity on a planet that cannot be translated, we are forced to investigate as the signal becomes so strong it begins messing with the Venator's Systems. We deploy on the ground to find the place suffering bad weather conditions (Fog and such) we find a cave that has crystal-like objects around. we are ordered to take a few as we believe they are giving off the signal.
    The crystals begin connecting a forming a kind of monster. the monster attacks multiple troopers before falling back, it then begins summoning minions to attack us as we make our escape. The fog begins turning a dark red and we gets transmissions that the planets orbit begins sucking in the venator into's its atmosphere.
    we begin getting overwhelmed and are forced to make a retreat. once we get on the venator it is revealed the monster is making its way to a desert. we begin getting ready for another assault so we can stop it.

Part 2: we arrive in the desert to see the monster in the distance, the monster is shown rising something in the distance, upon further inspection it seems to be a Monolith, the monolith begins attacking multiple troopers, We are forced to deploy a beacon for the venator to target, it fires upon the monolith, resulting in its destruction, the monster then goes into a frenzy, forcing us to once again retreat from the area.

Part 3: after our defeat at the hands of the monster, we are forced to bunker down in a forest. we have been detecting seismic disturbances in this area and we believe that the monster will be moving towards this area. we begin facing his minions until he finally makes his arrival, we call in Y-bombers to destroy him, we manages to fight past them and make his way into our base, we begin to feel the ground rumble and a massive monolith rises, destroying the base. the monster begins transferring his power into the monolith, making it weaker and beatable. Once we defeat the monster it begins imploding, we make our way to the LAATs to escape the blast.

Part 4: On the venator we monitor the monolith via our scanners, we then notice that it begins admitting a massive cloud of gas within the sky, Our ship begins to get sucked into the gas cloud, we predict that we will be absorbed into it within the hour, we retreat to the surface with our gunships, we then begin creating a makeshift bomb with one the LAATs, sadly a trooper is forced to pilot the LAAT into the gas cloud, detonating it within the cloud and causing a big enough explosion that ends up destroying the entire cloud. Our Venator readjusts its course and we are decide to leave the planet entirely, even deleting it off the holo charts.

Epilogue:
    A small funeral is held for the trooper that sacrificed himself and We leave the system.

Thanks for reading my app and please give feedback!

#1 Aussi, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

Big fucking +1

Ex-Head EM. He is unbelievably dedicated to the Event Master's and continues to impress me with all the events he is able to do, he keeps up with everything and is overall a very good guy. Keep it up Aussi.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Beatroot

Beatroot Admin
    Admin

+1.
    Where can i begin.
    I will point out everything i can about Aussie. All of which are mostly good points.

Aussie has been nothing but great too anyone who plays the server, Besides a few hiccups with some people he always finds away to work around what ever problem he comes up against. He is kind, caring, honest, and always willing to talk to players (Something majority of EM's / Staff don't do) He holds no bounds and see's everyone as an equal. Since i played back in the golden days until returning and still seeing Aussie a Strong part of the community he has proved great over and over again. He has a hilarious sense of humour and you can tell when he has a smile on his face. I admire and truly look up to Aussie, whether he be a Event Master, Pilot in CG, Jedi, you name it he plays and co exists his roles all perfectly.
    All though there has been problems in the past he has pushed past them and simple seen them as a thing of the Past. He only aims forward no matter the out come.
    As i said i really do admire Aussie and feel comfortable around him at all times. Thank you Aussie Wozzie. xo.

-RP.
    Aussie can RP as an EM or any other role he takes on extremely well. From when i played the server years ago until now he has done so with brilliance.

-Events.
    Aussies events are outstanding and lots of the other EM's should look to him to learn a thing or two. everything from his Mission Briefing/Debrief, to the set roles he puts out in Events. He always makes it a Immersible, honest, and Overall Fun experience for all. I enjoy your Events the most (nothing personal Marco, Kel, Garry, Loff, Sleigh) i do enjoy other events as well. No where near as much as Aussies.

-Personality / Attitude.
    As you can see in my love note provided above, i think he is nothing short of a Event master God. There has been the slight occasion where he doesn't notice some players or ignores them, Yet if he finds out he has done so he goes back to follow it up or apologise. He never has a "BIAS" opinion and try to see things from every point and angle.

Good luck Aussie. I wish only the best for you and hope you stay in the community FOREVER.

Your's truly, (Lots of love xo)

-Beatroot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

+1

Aussie in an experienced bloke with all the knowledge and general professionalism needed to fill the role. I understand that in the past there have been some questionable things, however since returning to the EM position, Aussie has been nothing but helpful to the EM team.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sleigh

Sleigh Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

+1 ok so I'm giving it a +1 for a few reasons, you're one of the best em's I have ever seen and you definitely are committed, your application is well written and I am glad to +1 it. Goodluck Aussie.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member
    Donator

Can anyone name a reason to not give Aussie this rank?
    No?..
    okie dokie

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

thank you all for you're support and feedback mates.
    <3

9. Xocist

Xocist Moderator
    Moderator Donator

+1, honestly when ever its an Aussie event you can guarantee yourself its gonna be fun and your not going to have any problems with it. In all my time on the server i would genuinely say you and a couple of other ems ( old or current) are my favourites as you actually put some thought into your events and make them enjoyable, you put reasoning behind everything so its not just " kill these droids we gotta get this base back!"

Only argument for your not getting it is will you dip in like 3 months, but i doubt it i think your back so good luck with the app G

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

Dont spoil please.
    but seriously being honest you can't really ask that question, something could happen in my life and I could dip tomorrow.
    but I feel like I wont dip for awhile.

11. Ren

Ren Forum Addict
    Admin Donator

+1
    Been HEM thousands of times before, despite i don't really play events I always hear they are good. More than capable + the event team need someone like Aussie to look up to/keep them in line.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

He's been Head Admin and Head EM several times in the past, but we have to let the past die.

My experience with Aussie is limited by our schedules (He goes to his dad's and doesn't play in weekends, I come home in weekends) but he's pretty epic when I've played his events and talked to him.

When we're lacking on EM leadership I think Aussie's the best choice for this step up.

+1

#12 Magnus, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. The_Mainman

The_Mainman Junior Event Master
    Junior Event Master Donator

+1 Aussie is an Excellent EM To work with, his previous experience makes him a perfect fit for the Role of Senior Event Master. I believe he should get this Role regardless of any previous limitations.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Schmiloff

Schmiloff Active Member
    Donator

Accepted.

Aussie, You're a great EM, You've got the experience. All I ask is don't over do it, Keep your workload at a manageable level when it comes to EM.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.