Arma 3 Star Wars MilSim

Discussion in 'Any other Games' started by Bailey, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

Hey guys, so it's Omo here, I've been given permission by Imperial Gaming's owner and the people running the whole MilSim to post this on our forums and introduce the Gateway Gaming community to a Military Simulation within Star Wars.

Stooge introduced me to Imperial Gaming's Arma 3 Star Wars Military Simulation. I played on Wednesday under Stooge and it was fun, I began talking to people about it, and tonight we ran as our own Section of people with 6 players, it was really fun.

We were Bravo-1-5 and I was accompanied by Alluh, Dempsey, Herd, Lupus and Sevens. It was actually quite fun, we played it seriously and enjoyed ourselves, it was a lot more intense than GMod and a lot more challenging too, requiring actual tactics, spacing and communications by the 30+ people playing at the time. It's not just run and gun either, one droid could kill you and take you out until re-deployment, they hit hard and hit fast.

So, this is my invitation to you to come to play the game with us, you might not be allowed in our section due to it being a maximum of 8 people per section, however, it is a fast-paced and expanding game mode that currently requires a plethora of people from all different communities, GG have our foot in the door and are here to stay.

We do understand that it is run by Imperial Gaming and is a predominantly Imperial Gaming player base, however, that doesn't stop us from being allowed to and encouraged to play with them and build a strong bond with a somewhat rival community in order to lower the tensions that may have arisen during the times of both servers being up.

What to expect?

The server is semi-serious in a Military sense, but it is far more serious than any GMod server and doesn't require RP, just discipline and no mingey behaviour that we all display on GMod.

I
    t is a Military Simulation based in the Star Wars Universe that centers around the 501st Legion of the Clone Wars era. We're good at Clone Wars, because, low and behold, we play a Clone Wars Server on GMod.
    If we get enough new people, the 212th may be implemented into it as a different platoon where both groups serve together.

How is it set out?

The server is set out pretty simply. There are three main divisions right now.
    - Platoon Command

- Pilots
    - Ground Force (Sections)

Platoon Command and Pilots are pretty much out of reach to the average person and you need to REALLY prove yourself before joining.

The Sections start at Bravo-1-1 and go up to Bravo-1-6, currently our Section is Bravo-1-5 and there will be Bravo-2-1 through to 6 added soon I believe.

Each section is made up of 8 people.
    - Section Leader
    - Second in Command
    - Anti Tank Trooper
    - Combat Lifesaver (Medic)
    - Heavy (Z6 / Machine Gunner)
    - Marksman
    - Rifleman
    - Rifleman

The most important roles are Section Leader, Combat Lifesaver and Anti-Tank Trooper as they are REQUIRED for a section to function.

Each Section Leader is given their own objectives and orders which they then give out to their Section and then executed by each individual person.

When is it?

The official times are

6:30 PM - Logging on and getting ready.
    7:00 PM - All your people should be online and ready.
    7:30 PM - Operation (Mission) starts.

The days the Operations are on are
    - Wednesday
    - Friday
    - Sunday

With extra operations and training run throughout the week anyway.

How do I play?

To play, you need to

- Own Arma 3
    - Be willing to not just play with people from GG and fill out sections with people from Imperial Gaming
    - Be serious and willing to learn different systems of talking and healing friendlies.
    - Download the following
    The Mod Collection: These are ALL the mods that you will need, no more on Steam.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408136639

Task Force Radio:
    This is a Teamspeak3 plugin to help communication ingame.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdYj-FxqumNS1fAZN0vl_D4Cv_hCYYaN/view?usp=sharing

Main Mod: This is the MAIN Star Wars Mod and is utterly massive, however, is the most important one.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZj2MfiPnt1ujDKN4RwWV1nYTr40zptQ/view

You need to download all of those and install them (The Steam ones automatically will, the Star Wars one won't.)

After doing that you need to read the following posts.
    - Information for New Players:
    http://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/topic/3210-important-information-for-new-troopers/

- Basic Rules:
    http://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/topic/3217-basic-rules/

- Platoon Structure:
    http://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/topic/3218-official-platoon-information-sheets/

What now?

The last thing you need to do is apply on the Imperial Gaming forums where you will (Probably) get a +1 from me and the rest of the GG community.

- You can apply here:
    http://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/forum/147-mil-sim-applications/

Once you have applied you may log in to the server as a Cadet and play, you'll be assigned to a Section, whether its someone you know or not leading it is a different story, hopefully you all join in and are able to find a spot and we're able to grow this community and create strong ties with Imperial Gaming.

If you have any questions, queries or problems, don't be afraid to contact me on Teamspeak3, in replies or on Steam for troubleshooting.

I am currently not recruiting for Bravo-1-5, however, if you're good enough and you work hard enough you can probably get into another Section, and/or start your own section. If GG gets four sections in total (We currently have two) we can transfer into our own platoon which is the 212th.

Apart from that, good luck. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it tonight and Wednesday and I hope to see the rest of you there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. AnnoyingTaco (Herd)

Moderator Donator

Can confirm that the night was pretty fun. Filling in as that medic role for the squad, I spent the entire mission making sure the guys weren't spending too long with their face in the dirt. It's certainly something to look at getting into if you enjoy taking things seriously, however you need to be dedicated enough to work with the mods and the game itself, as they can both be tedious.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NiceGary

NiceGary Senior Event Master
    Senior Event Master Chief Community Representative

Hmmmm, Imperial have a Gary... Long lost relative?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

Traitor.

5. Magnus

Magnus Forum Addict
    Donator

moved to other games, don't worry, i'm here to serve :)

6. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

Hectic bro, I can help set you up if you need.

7. NiceGary

NiceGary Senior Event Master
    Senior Event Master Chief Community Representative

Does it matter if we can only do 1 op a week? @Omo