ARC Sgts Assessment

Discussion in 'Advanced Recon Commandos' started by Adjacent, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Adjacent

Adjacent Member

In this thread you are to write a short story depicting the events of your first combat experience aka The Battle Of Kamino. Essentially write what happened from your perspective and what you did during that battle with a fair level of detail, bonus points for having entwined stories with others. When all 4 of the new Sergeants have done theirs I shall reveal my own. Note: Any ARC members may do this if they wish but it is mandatory for the 4 new Sergeants.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

just look at my Bio Kappa.
    But in all seriousness i will get right on this Sir.

3. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

Battle of Kamino - 2 months after the battle of Genosis.
    My first mission, like all ARC Troopers, was none other then the defense of our home world, Kamino. We were brought out of Stasis, we didn't need a briefing, Kamino was in danger and thats all we needed to know, Troopers Alpha 17, Alpha 23 and Alpha 81 had already leaped off to the cloning facilities to protect the soon to be Clone Troopers. I was tasked as well as a platoon of other Clones to recapture and destroy the enemy forces on Platform C20 in the North Quadrant of Tipoca City, seemed easy at the time.
    [​IMG]
    We had encountered Multiple enemy droids within the hallways of the city, we managed to assist a few clone troopers who were falling back from the main armory, apparently the enemy had employed B1 and B2 Droid Dispensers in one of choke points to the landing platforms. I managed to get close enough to fire a Grenade from my Westar M-5 to disable the B2 Dispenser, however the B1 Dispenser managed to shoot out enough Battle Droids to overwhelm the area. CT 08/4212 and CT 10/1288 Set up E-web Turret emplacements and was able to distract them long enough for us to get to the next bridge to Landing Platform C19. Once there we salvaged a a Anti Personal Ball Turret and used to fire upon a squadron of Super Battle Droids. As we finally pushed up to Pad C20 we encountered the enemy lander with its security force of SDBs and B1 Battle Droids. We fought til myself and CT 13/6754 were the final troopers standing, I spotted a destroyed Delta 7 Star fighter next to the lander and told 6754 to cover me as took a Broken off B2 Wrist Rocket launcher and threw it next to the Delta 7s fuel line, I then ordered 6754 to fire at it with the Ball turret, causing a explosion that had a chain reaction on the lander, causing it to lose one of its wings and fell into the Ocean. We recaptured the Platform and Informed Jedi General Shaak Ti of the success.
    [​IMG]
    Once the Battle was over and we had mopped up the remaining droids we over watched as the Final Enemy Core ship had flew off into Hyperspace. We were Informed of the deaths of Alpha 91, 23 and 81. I was reconditioned and examined for injuries, a few days later I was redeployed onto the RAS Forever to the Yaril Sector.

*END REPORT*

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Remi

Remi Well-Known Member
    Donator

RIP Anyone who wants the numbers 91, 23 and 81 ;c Nah well done overall.

• what the juice what the juice x 1
  5. Aussi

Aussi Forum Addict
    Donator

Sorry, just in the Icarus's Bio 91 is KIA and I couldn't think of numbers for these two guys[​IMG]

6. Omega

Omega Well-Known Member
    Donator Map Developer

21.83 BBY - 2 months after the Battle of Geonosis.
    Part One - Waking up
    I've never been good at keeping my composure upon exiting stasis, there's something about waking up in a tube of icy cold liquid after being in a forced sleep for months that makes me lose it. This time was no different, I clenched my fists as I felt the sharp sting of my body warming up. I thought about screaming, trying to break the tube perhaps, however I could see a Kaminoan watching me through my hazy vision. The osik would have me terminated if he saw me doing anything outside of the ordinary behavioural expectations. The liquid began draining from the tube and I felt weak, months of not moving tends to not leave you in the best physical state. I could barely stand in my tube at first, however I managed to get my footing as the tubes opened up. I half walked half crawled out of the tube and began stretching my muscles, looking around me I noticed many of the other ARC troopers also doing the same. As I began thinking of the reason we were awoken the PA system in the room sparked to life with a situation report. "Confederacy invasion of the facility. Cargo Platform C-22, Captured. Security Sector Six, Overrun. Central Armory, Invaded. Level Nine, Lost." After hearing their home was under attack every single ARC trooper in the room, myself included, immediately started gearing up in a quick and methodical manner.

Part Two - Preparation
    My training always taught me to check and double check my equipment and think of what I may I need if things don't go to plan. In a situation like this however I simply don't have the time to pack everything I could possibly need. It took me just under five minutes to get my armor on and pack my gear, not bad. Just before leaving I did a quick mental check to make sure I had what I needed. Armour, check. Bacta injector, check. Dual DC-17 Blaster Pistols, check. Detpacks, check. Thermal detonators, check. A-76 appeared behind me, abruptly breaking my concentration "The ice get to your brain Sull?" He said, chucking me my Westar. I looked down at the Westar in my hands, how could I forget my primary weapon? I thought to myself. Maybe being in stasis for so long is getting to me more than I realised. "No, of course not. I was just about to grab it myself." I lied "Did you bring an RPPG?" " I asked 76 "I don't plan on needing it" he replied with a grin. I grabbed one off the bench in front of me and tossed it to him "Better safe then sorry".

Part Three - Lex Talionis
    #ComingSoon

Glossary:
    osik - Mando'a for "dung" used in a derogatory term.
    RPPG - Reverse Polarity Pulse Grenade
    lex talionis - the law of retaliation, whereby a punishment resembles the offence committed in kind and degree.

#6 Omega, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kittirina

Kittirina Active Member
    Donator

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adjacent

Adjacent Member

Aight so a bit early but I know Spooks is working on his and I'm bored as all hell so as promised here is my characters take on the Battle Of Kamino with a helpful map depicting Tipoca City, as well as a reasoning for one of the profound injuries A-65 discovered on my person recently, enjoy.

Topica City.PNG
    My sight a blurred mist, I try to make out my surroundings, the rhythm of my heartbeat booming in my ears masking all other sounds around me. I see something in front of me a humanoid figure. A clone he looks at me in distraught an explosion behind him, the liquid inside my pod begins to drain as I see him fall to the ground a large figure comes up behind him a droid! I try to move my legs it feels unnatural as if they aren't my own I push forward with my shoulder shattering the pod and landing on top of the droid I arch my right should back and swing at what I make out to be its face plate. Both it and my arm snap back after connecting I think to myself "Really glad I can't feel anything right now".

I give it a light kick to make sure it stays down and proceed to investigate the dead clone, I don't seem to recognize him but I'm thankful for his sacrifice. I look around the room and see several more pods already opened but no corpses I turn to see a row of lockers several of which are vacant except one marked A-55. I glance inside to see a rack of armor and weapons and can't help but smile with anticipation. As I begin to fit myself to the armor I glance over at the droid and hear blaster fire in the distance I came to the logical conclusion that a battle was underway and under a fair assumption that they would need all the help they can get.

Its certainly a tighter fit then what I remember but there was no time to gripe I had to get to the action to assess the situation. I made my way through winding corridors with debris and corpses both man and machine until I finally found an exit. The doors parted and sunlight filled my eyes for most it would have been quite painful after stasis but after my kind of training you realize pain is an illusion, a fail safe for your body to convince your mind to stop what you're doing before you kill yourself.

I cross the bridge into the Military Training Facility and hear several noises coming from the barracks I place myself at the end of one of the corridors. A small detachment of droids come outside of the barracks as I try to focus my aim my head begins to spin so I place the stock of my rifle against my ribs so I can firmly grasp the barrel with my left hand. The droids have all exited the barracks now they slowly turn towards my direction as I squeeze the trigger. Holding it down for no more than six seconds the droids go down as my shots find their mark despite a lack of aim, I gather myself and push forward into the barracks.

As I enter the same door those droids exited I find myself unable to push further, I've already seen enough. I turn to keep moving forward not sharing another glance at the youthful corpses on the barracks floor. Trying to shake the thought I reload my rifle and move through the hall, I see two figures up ahead, they both turn to me and gesture me over. Two clone troopers on the sides of the door to the next bridge crossing leading to Level Nine "Sir we were told to hold this position Level Nine has been lost overridden with droids." The trooper said. I glance at the trooper and as my vocal cords begin to strain I'm able to muster an answer "Then you both are coming with me to retake it".

We rush outside to the nearest cover we can find and are greeted by a barrage of red plasma overhead one of the CT's pokes their heads up and is struck on his helmet, he falls to the ground lifeless. I place my arm on the remaining CT's shoulder of assurance that he remains in the present, I watch where the plasma is coming from and place my gun facing its oncoming direction and begin to shoot in bursts of three. Judging by the now reduced amount of returning fire I can assume my shots connected, now was our time to press forward to a better position.

I usher the CT to push forward with me, as he leaps up from cover he is hit by four plasma bolts across his body but before he can collapse I grab his waist and hold his body up to length of mine and begin to move forward. Now that I have a form of mobile cover I keep pushing while effectively taking out vulnerable targets until I finally reach the door and the blaster fire stops.

I lay down the troopers corpse his armor blackened with blaster fire, to some my actions are brash and insensitive but its because of those actions that I am alive and he is dead. I used him like the tool he is, a weapon for my use to wreak havoc and destruction of my enemies. I lay down and take a deep breath as the fatigue of sleep begins to attack my body I run my hand along my helmet and realize something, my radio has been off this whole time. I switch it on and run through the channels till I find what I can recall as my own, I hear familiar voices communicating with each other "Droids are beginning to retreat." they said "Cargo Platform C22 is being retaken!" they exclaimed. In my best judgement I pick myself up and begin to head towards Platform C22 a slow walk as I have begun to feel tired, that and I wasn't all too keen on seeing all of my alpha "brothers" again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

Note: Working on something cool with mine that may take some time, Adj has been informed of this and for now this is a placeholder just to inform the rest of ARC that YES I HAVE SEEN THIS AND YES I AM WORKING ON IT

• Like Like x 1
  10. Icarus

Icarus Active Member

Nice, I look froward to reading it.

11. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

Oh shit. I completely forgot about this. Heck.

12. Adjacent

Adjacent Member

Wouldn't have put it past you considering how things were.

• Friendly Friendly x 1