Andy's Trial Event Master Application

Discussion in 'Trial Event Master Applications' started by Andy, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:27 AM.

1. Andy

Andy Active Member
    Donator

Ratings:
    +98 / 26 / -6
    #1 Andy, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:27 AM
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    Clone Wars Event Master Application

[​IMG]

Basic Information

Steam Name:
    [GG] Valathi/Andy

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:82922636

In game alias:
    Andy/Plo Koon

Time Played:
    GameTracker. Been playing this server for 3 years.

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

By spending time in Singleplayer and creating Ideas and creative to the Server. Thinking outside the box, trying to come up with ideas that are different from how Event Master do events. Working together with fellow Event Master team, coming up ideas for the server.

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

I have participated in Events as Tutorship with Noc, learning things about being Event Master. I've been Event Characters almost 100 times, I really lost count to that.

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:
    I'm familiar with this tool. I have used it before in my singleplayer world. I have been using this NPC Tool's before and understanding how it works. For example, NPC Controller is a way to make NPC move on your click to that location. NPC Follower is a way to make others NPC to follow the player or yourself. NPC Health is a way to make NPC Heath higher or lower. NPC No target is a way of making yourself a no-target to others NPC Emeny. NPC Proficiency is a way of showing the NPC Skills which is not really useful in an event. NPC Relationship is a way of showing their relationship toward you, which again I find it not so useful. NPC Spawn Creator which way to spawn NPC with weapons you choose and model you have chosen. It spawns them around the area which you can change the size of an area to spawn the NPC. NPC Viewcam is a way to view the NPC point of view. I understand NPC Tools very well.

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

NPC NoTaget: Is one of the tools are at the Event Masters disposal, NPC NoTaget is an important tool to be used in events. This will stop Hostile NPC target the Event Master or Event Characters.
    NPC Controller: Controller is a Tool that can control any NPCs to move around the map. Telling them to move point A to point B.
    Teleporter: This is used for Players to return back to the battle. If a player was killed and not revied they'll be able to respawn at the spawn and use the Teleporter to get there quicker.

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:
    Yes, I understand that Garry's Mod can be unstable. Many of the tools for the Event Master can cause lag when placing it down. Having the FPS on the screen will allow me to see how the server is handling, if the FPS goes too low I will start removing props or NPC that are not being used.

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Using ULX Commands when not running an Event.

Modeling other players without reasons

Putting down Star Wars Vehicles and abusing it.

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Yes, played as General Grievous/ Republic Commander/Admiral.
    Playing as Leader of the Event Character, being like RID Commander, CIS Commander and Admiral Yan of the Republic Cruise. I also have been Juinor Event Master in Noc's Tutorship.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:

8-9

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:
    9-10

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Event Master is the Story Teller, creating a world for others to play in. It always has inspired me to be someone to create a story for others to enjoy. It has always been my dream to build something related to Star Wars for players to enjoy. It takes dedication to build something from nothing to a story.

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:
    Yes, I understand that Plan can sometimes never go to plan. Which I'm able to create another plan on the spot if my main plan doesn't go correctly. For example, If they manage to blow up the ray-shield generator so soon, I will make the event a little bit longer by telling Munificent is coming from hyperspace.

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:

It will take some time to get used to, but I'm sure I will able to provide briefing and debriefing. I'm capable of leading the players in the event.

Scenarios:

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?
    Making report that General Grievous has crawl through the vents and move to the 4th floor. Ignoring the players. Respawning General Grievous on the 4th floor and continue with the event.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

Listening into his complains see if they can help me to improve. If the User goes too far, I will contact a Staff to handle it. Using the complains to help me with my future events.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

Creating a large wave of Hostile NPC, making them push back to the LAAT for EVAC. Changing map and saying No Debrief but giving placement in the Comms. If I really need to leave, I will go into Teamspeak and find a staff or Event Master to take my place on the server and explain what is happening in this event.

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?
    Remove the unused props and small fewer NPCs. Ensure all props are frozen in place.
    If the lag is still happening, start wrapping up the event.

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.
    Map: rp_vanqor_sbs

Information:
    Captain Mack, Command of the Venator Destroyer Cruise- 4265. Just complete his mission on Felucia. Medical Troops collected samples from the Creatures of Felucia. The whole Cruise was affected by this sample. Venator crashed landed down at Vanqor. Captain Mack managed to survive the crash landed, and move away from the Venator. Creatures start moving out from the Venator. Command on different Venator tries to contact Venator Destroyer Cruise- 4265. Comms-Link is silence. However, the Command has the Last known location. Command orders the Navy to prepare Hyperspace and to find this Venator.

Before Briefing:
    Command will get the Navy to try contact the Venator Destroyer Cruise- 4265 and discover they have last known location. Command will order the Navy to prepare the Hyperspace to the Venator last known location.

Briefing:
    Greetings Troopers, I have a mission for all of you. We have lost contact with one of our Venator-4265. Our mission is simple. We'll be deploying down on the surface and search for the Venator. I'm not sure what is going on with the Venator, be careful Troopers. Move to the Main Hanger.

Troopers will move to the LAAT and board. LAAT takes off.
    Change the map to rp_vanqor_sbs

Captain Mack will be EC Character setup with DC-17 Single Pistol with Navy Command Model. (models/player/omo/rsb/rsb.mdl) Captain Mack will also be HP to 500.

Adding EC character. Friendly Bug setup with a flamethrower and the model (models/antlion_guard.mdl)
    Friendly Bug will also be HP to 5,000.

Once the Event has been set up, Extra Briefing starts

Extra Briefing:
    Greetings, Troopers. Well, the good news we have found out what happened to the Venator. Bad news we don't what cause the crash. You'll move to the crashed Venator and find out what caused it. I'll give you more orders through comms. Move out.

Event:
    Troopers will start moving to the crashed Venator, there'll be large nest setup around the Venator. Once the troopers report about the nest. Bugs will start spawning around the troopers. Attacking them, there will also be a couple of infected troopers in the [GG] NPC. Command will give the order to blow up the nest. Troopers will place detpack on the nest and blowing the detpack. Once the nest is destroyed, they will start receiving comms from Captain Mack. Mack comms are fuzzy and difficult to hear it out. "Captain Mack: Anyone hea-r... me? I'm..sett-...ing up... Red... Beaco..*Statics* -Comms Cut-"
    Red Beacon will be set up where Captain Mack is. There will be a couple of down troopers around Captain Mack with only Two troopers alive. There will be a wave of bugs attacking him, once the players arrive and kill off the bugs. There will be waves of bugs while the troopers talk to Captain Mack. There will be a nest around Captain Mack. Players will then meet the Friendly Bug, there are multiple choices. They could try and be friendly with it and study it or they can open fire at the bug causing the bug to attack the players. If they choose to interact with the Friendly Bug. The bug will help them and also have some passive RP. Captain Mack will tell them "Everything has been destroyed... All my good troopers are dead... We must... We must destroy the Venator! That is the main nest! Destroy it!" Troopers will report this back to the Command. Command will order the troopers to move at the Venator. Once they arrive, the Command will tell the troopers that LAAT is coming to deliver the Bomb for the Venator. The bomb will take time to set up. Barricades have been set up around the venator. They will have to hold a wave of bugs. The wave will keep going as the bomb being set up. Once the bomb has been set up. Command will send down two LAAT for EVAC. If the Friendly Bug is still alive, he will get his own personal LAAT Carrier to take him back to the Venator. Captain Mack doesn't agree to carry the bug back to the Venator. Bugs are still attacking. Troopers will board the LAAT with Captain Mack. The bomb will be set off with Nuke going off. Destroying the Venator.

Changing the map to rp_venator_extensive

Debriefing:

Excellent work Troopers, you manage to bring Captain Mack alive. We discover that the Venator was infected by Bugs form Felucia. We were able to destroy all they nest. Setting up the bomb and destroying the Venator. Well done. Captain Mack, would you like to say something to the Troopers.
    Now off to Placement. (Placement is given out and all the Troopers are dismissed)

Extra RP:

Captain Mack: After the Debrief is over, he will immediately head over to the Main Hanger with NULL-Class is waiting for him. He will board it and comms in for permission to depart.

Friendly Bug: Friendly Bug will be in the Main Hanger, wandering around for someone to interact with. Once he found a player he will try to protect them. 717th may study the creature. Passive RP will continue until the Command ordered the troopers to take him back to Main Hanger and carry him back to his planet.

2. The_Mainman

The_Mainman Event Master
    Event Master Donator

Ratings:
    +94 / 31 / -9
    +Support

Over all, I believe you would be an excellent event master, however, Your application is slightly lacking, You have a couple of typos and grammar issues in there, and your answers to each of the scenarios could be expanded on.

On a personal level, I Believe your a friendly, well known part of the community and that you would be a great addition to the team.

Good luck!

3. Andy

Andy Active Member
    Donator

Ratings:
    +98 / 26 / -6
    Thank you for the response, Marco. I was able to edit the applications, adding more answer. I hope some of the grammar has been fixed.

4. Beatroot

Beatroot Advisor
    Advisor

Butcher
    Ratings:
    +529 / 108 / -15
    +1
    Indeed you are my friend Andy so my vote in most circumstances will be a positive one, however, before I do that I would like to point something that I do not find attractive about you. Your inability to adapt or understand certain things or situations and I somewhat Worry the works of a ULX rank and more important role will get to your head and you will fall off. There have been a few times that you have had a very poor say or attitude in some upsetting situations and it did affect our friendship a smidge. You also became very sour with your Moderator application after it began to take a spiraling turn, which is fair to a limit.
    Regardless of that, I think you may just have what it takes to be a decent event master, You are hard working and commit to your roles to the core, which is exactly what being an EM is all about. If this application is picked up and you do become a EM, remember your roots and be the Andy we all currently know and Enjoy.
    Good luck with the application and I look forward to the outcome,

thanks,
    -Beatroot.

5. Springs0

Springs0 Member
    Donator

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Based on my experience with him over the past month both in Jedi and in 7th Sky, I can see he is a responsible and capable leader as well as a solid member of the community. He has shown high levels of dedication to his roles on the server and I believe he would have the same work ethic as a event master. I believe he deserves a shot at it. +1

6. Richard

Richard Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Ratings:
    +127 / 62 / -2
    I am not going to leave a vote since I know little about events and what is good/bad until I play them. However I will comment on your attitude towards the server. In the past when you were my master you seemed a bit mingy here and there, however, ever since you joined 7th Sky and have worked your way up the ranks I have seen the responsible side of you shine and I think you would be ready for a staff position.

7. Ren

Ren Head Admin
    Head Admin Donator

Ratings:
    +379 / 136 / -28
    Neutral

My opinion can definitely change however for the moment I'm on the fence about you becoming staff.

You are a familiar face in the community, and most of the time, you conduct yourself well in any you are in on the server. My main concern is your attitude when something doesn't go the way you'd like it to, an example of this is when I -1'd your mod app, you pretty much cracked it with me.

I will continue to watch you and reconsider my vote soon.

Good luck