Accepted Alluh's Senior Admin Application

Discussion in 'Resolved Applications' started by Alluh, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

This application is for the position of Senior Admin, a role in which you will be responsible for coordinating and assisting the administration team, as well as fulfilling your current duties as an admin. This role requires serious dedication towards the server, as you will be required to spend much time and effort working towards the progress of the server.

Expectations of this position include:

- Read and provide feedback to all staff applications
    - Train and assist newer staff and administrators
    - Lead by example to all the lower staff positions
    - Contribute your opinion towards staff meetings and senior staff

Best of luck to anyone applying for this position.

Checklist

Do you currently hold the rank of Administrator?
    [ YES / NO ]

Do you work well in a team?
    [ YES / NO ]

Do you consider yourself a team leader?
    [ YES / NO ]

Do you consistently use the TeamSpeak and Forums?
    [ YES / NO ]

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations as a team leader?
    [ YES / NO ]

Do you have any problems with current staff members?
    [ YES / NO ]

Requirements

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:124460494

Most common in-game alias/current alias:
    Captain Thorn | Commander Ahsoka Tano | ARC Sergeant A-85 Alluh

Hours on the server:
    872.43 hours over 4 steam names

Estimated time spent as an admin:
    Since August 4th, 2017.

Other positions held in the community (if applicable):
    Senior Moderator

Questions

How will you guide the administration, team?
    I will guide the administrator team the same way I helped the moderator team, giving feedback when I could to some of the moderators in TeamSpeak about a sit I watched over or just their behavior in general on the server. I will also help train new staff members whether they’re moderators or admins.

What is your current schedule of activity on the server?
    Weekdays: 4pm - 11pm
    Weekends: 1pm - 11pm

How will you achieve the rank of senior admin impact the community and the staff team as a whole?:
    I will be able to assist new and old staff members with any issues they may have and help train new staff members to become better and more experienced with commands to their specific role and just general knowledge towards staffing. I will also be able to provide helpful feedback on staff applications and current staff members performances to help them improve in any way they can.

Why are you applying for this position?:
    I’m applying for this position to further assist the staff team and the community as a whole.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:
    I should be chosen over other applicants because I have prior senior experience on GG and other servers and would be able to use that experience to help new and old members of the community and staff team. I am also very active and dedicated to the server and helping whenever and however I can.

What are your ambitions or goals in this community:
    My ambitions or goals are to put myself into positions on the server or in the staff team to be able to help and assist people whenever and however I can.

Situations

In order to be a senior administrator, you need to have advanced problem-solving skills and the capacity to manage difficult staff calls in a manner befitting the goals of the server. The following scenarios are required to be honestly answered using proper detail and grammar. Please include appropriate ULX commands and formats.

1. An administrator has been accused of abusing their power, what is your first course of action?
    My first course of action would be to gather sufficient evidence on whether they were or were not abusing their powers, to make sure they don’t get punished instantly for it.

2. Expanding on the previous situation, the administrator who was accused of abusing his power was proven to in fact be innocent and has become quite angry that you would believe the accusations of the user. The user is also frustrated as they believe that the staff member has gotten away with abuse. How do you handle this?
    Admin: I would tell the admin that any accusation about a staff member abusing their powers should be taken seriously and be investigated, whether they did it or not just so all higher ups can be 100% sure the accusations are true or false.

User: I would talk to the user and tell them that all evidence supplied and gathered proved the administrator to be innocent and therefore no disciplinary action can be taken. OR there was not enough evidence supplied to prove the administrator guilty meaning that disciplinary action again cannot be taken.

3. You are accused of handling a staff situation poorly by a lower ranked staff member, although the staff member is quite aggressive in their approach, you discover some evidence that supports your poor handling of the situation. What do you do?
    I would first ask the staff member to calm himself and approach the situation with a more respectful manner instead of being aggressive about it. I would then ask the staff member to gather evidence to support his claim and report it to a higher up. If evidence is found and I did handle the situation poorly, I would accept any punishment given to me and apologize to the staff member and the user that had been victim to the poor handling.

4. The server is in its peak hour and you notice that many of the admins are offline or playing other games, the only staff on being yourself and two moderators. You receive multiple tickets at once requesting simulations, the resolution of a case of RDM, someone asking about donations and a request for some new troopers to be whitelisted to a job. What do you do?
    I would try my best to complete the tickets and ask the moderators to assist by taking the RDM ticket and sorting that out, I would also ask one of them to go to the simulation ticket to tell them that An admin will be with them shortly, complete the whitelist ticket then message the admins on steam asking them to come on the server to help due to the lack of staff.

5. A senior moderator who has been in the position for some time applies for admin and is accepted quite promptly. Upon receiving the position they ask you to guide them as a new administrator. What would you do and say to assist this staff member?
    I would first off congratulate them on receiving admin, then go through and teach them about the new commands they receive as an admin. I would then teach them how to train new T-Mods since they’re now eligible to receive trial mod buddies.

Notice:
    I know I haven’t been an admin for long, but I personally feel I’m ready to make this step forward in the community.

#1 Alluh, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Bailey

Bailey Forum Addict
    Donator

+1 - I love the man, cunt stayed with all of you even when all of us left. Man was a Head Admin on Icefuse Servers, he looked after over 250 staff members at one time. Just give it to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pardner

Pardner Active Member

+1 This man knows what he is doing, he is a solid admin and deserves this position.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member
    Donator

+1 alluh has my approval and he disapproves drugs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jericho

Jericho Member

+1 Alluh, whether staffing or training, when he commits to something he achieves a level beyond anything that words can equate. He is exactly what we need as senior staff, and I can't believe it has taken him this long to apply.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raider

Raider Admin
    Admin

In times where I am troubled or stuck I find Alluh one of the most approachable. Alluh has develpoed over the time in leadership and as of current is a great role model to other staff members and even upcoming ones. I would love to see Alluh in this position due to his dedication towards the server. Best of luck Alluh, +1. ( If you dont get this, I will DC you :] )

• Like Like x 2
  7. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member
    Donator

Just give the kid a raise

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alluh

Alluh Active Member
    Donator

Thanks Man.

I wanted to get myself familiar with the admin role before I applied.

Drugs are bad.

Thanks Rendrap

Maybe not 250 but thanks anyway <3

9. Icarus

Icarus Active Member

+1 Definitely ready for the position, everythin else has been said. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SkylerBB

SkylerBB Active Member
    Donator

+1 Reasons have been said already

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quebix(Waxer)

Quebix(Waxer) Member
    Donator

Alluh is always there when myself or others are in need as he is always able to lend a helping hand and as said before me other reasons have been stated. Its a +1 from me mate goodluck!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aleks

Aleks Active Member
    Donator

+1 literally the only people losing here if this doesn't get accepted is the community of gateway cause this bloke will make it better as senior admin. Everyone knows he's ready for the role, its about time he applied for it lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roger1980

Roger1980 Active Member

Good track record and dedication to the sever. From my limited interactions and knowledge that is the sentence that comes to mind.
    So hey a +1 it is

• Like Like x 1
  14. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

Responsible, dedicated and willing to help the community.

+1.

Good luck with your application.

• Like Like x 1
  15. s8ncaat

s8ncaat Community Manager
    Community Manager

Accepted.

• Festive Festive x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.