Alien's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by PartAlien, Sep 14, 2018.

1. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

[​IMG]

Checklist:

Do you use Teamspeak and are you willing to get on it more?
    I do use TeamSpeak and will absolutely get on it more. (Edit) I have recently been going on TS everyday in Draa's channel. I have been with him, Flanks, Andy, Ajax and some others.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

I really do enjoy helping others, I have done it in real life numerous times and try and calm down everyone and help the people who are sad

Are you willing to test your stress?

I am willing to test my strength

Do you have over 20 hours? If so, list your hours.

Yes, I have
    161.93 Hours. Proof: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/45.121.211.150:27400/top_players/?query=Alien

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

I would love to learn new ways to approach different situations, because every situation is different to the last

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No, I actually enjoy many of the staff and see them as close friends

Requirements:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68763900

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097793528/home

Current in game alias: Alien, Trev

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

7-10 as I have been trying to meet new people on the server

How will you becoming a moderator impact on the community?

It will give staff less stress and since I am on during the starting moments will control the server for when more staff arrive

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

No as I haven't used it much before, but am willing to use it more. (Edit) As stated before I have been going on it very often with Draa's Channel.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and Insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would "!bring (user)" to a quiet place and I would try and calm him down and see why he is RDMing, if he starts ranting or starts insulting I will mute him "!mute (user)" I would then record it and warn him !warn (user) RDMing and Insulting People, I would then kick him with, "!kick (user)" and monitor his gameplay if he re-joins, If he proceeds to break the rule again I would bring him to a quiet place again and ask why he proceeded to break the same rules again, if he decides to insult me or does not answer the question I would warn him "!warn (user) Proceeding to RDM and Insult after other warning" and then would ban him for a day with "!ban (user) Breaking rules even after given a warning and insulting others." I would screenshot the situation through the entire time, including evidence of RDMing and then would contact staff and would write up what happened.

2. A group of users have confronted you and explain how another user was breaking some server rules earlier (RDMing and Climb Swep abusing). The users threaten that they want immediate action otherwise they will leave the server. What do you do?

I would ask where he committed breaking the rules and if they had any evidence, if they had none I would "!spectate (user)" and see if he commits breaking the rules, if he doesn't I will not act on it and tell the users to provide evidence next time he does it, if he does commit the crime or has evidence of breaking the rules I will "!bring (user)" and ask why he has been breaking the rules, I would listen to why he has broken the rules and if he admits to RDMing I would warn him "!warn (user) RDMing and Abusing Climb Swep." and kick him "kick (user) RDMing and breaking rules." If he continues breaking the rules I would ban him for a day "!ban (user) Proceeding to RDM and breaking general rules after given warning."

3. A user has threatened to Ddos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would brush through his message and immediately permaban him "!ban (user) Ddos is not welcome on our server, Appeal on Forums." I would then contact the Head admins and give them his profile and steam id if they need to monitor him

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing infront of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would bring them both to a quiet place "!bring (user Commander)" I would ask the Commander what was the purpose of the argument, if he says it was for RP I would tell him to relax the conversation and return him with !return (user Commander)" Then I would bring the Lieutenant and ask the same thing, if he says it was also for RP I would then return him with "!return (user Lieutenant)" and monitor them both.

If it was not for RP or if they continue to do it, I would bring them both "!bring (user Commander)" and "!bring (user Lieutenant)" And ask why they are fighting, I would try and calm them both to come to an agreement and would verbally warn them and contact other staff members of the situation.

5. A CR has been complaining and wondering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He seems like a minge to you and you're not sure if he is really here to play. What do you do?

I would "!bring (user)" to the cadet room and train him, if he then proceeds to break severe rules that 5th cannot deal with or begins insulting people I would warn him "!warn (user)" "Reason (Eg. RDMing)" and tell him to stop breaking the rules or he will be punished with more severely.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

#1 PartAlien, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018 at 2:12 PM
  2. Chicken Little

Chicken Little Well-Known Member
    Donator

I would like to see some differentiation between questions/scenarios and answers to make the application easier to read for all parties (Bolding / differentiation of colours for questions and answers)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

I have updated the Thread, tell me if there is any more concerns

• YEET YEET x 1
  4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member
    Donator

Literally have No idea who you are, sorry bud.

1) I don't see you around like at all, so it kinda makes me wonder if you're trying to be known or not? In this instants you should wait and become more known with positives on your side rather than hit straight into mod app now.
    2) Hours on the server... Get more, what you've got here is (no offence) very very small compared to the average that people usually have when going for moderator. Gain the hours, learn about the rules and how things work more in depth and try make more friends by communicating in Teamspeak or ingame, then come back to it later.
    3) As far as I've noticed on forums as well, you've put yourself in a bit of a predicament with me, I've only noticed (from you) little smart ass remarks or out of context things on other peoples posts that may or may not even affect you at all. (Don't take that into a fact of me saying your toxic on forums, It's me suggesting to be more mindful of your posts and make sure the context in which your postings are in the correct way portrayed)

Good Luck.

5. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

Ok, thanks very much for your comment and thank you for your honesty

#5 PartAlien, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. LukeTSD

LukeTSD Member

So I re thinked this and I say I've changed my name theres no reason to do a no for just trying to play the game and you've shown to me that you nice and a really good guy
    My rating is a

+1
    Good luck budd!

#6 LukeTSD, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 3:12 PM
    • call the police call the police x 1
  7. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

I understand what you mean, even if I get denyed I am going to relax for a little bit before doing anything rash, thank you for your comment

8. GladiatorPlayz

GladiatorPlayz New Member

+1
    The application is really well structured, and I can see you would do great as a staff member.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

how many pushups can u do

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Spooks

Spooks Community Manager
    Community Manager

the ones that people do

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

Ah! So on the knees?

In all seriousness thank you for reading this @Spooks I really appreciate it

• YEET YEET x 1
    • Quality Post Quality Post x 1
  13. Carrot

Carrot Moderator
    Moderator Donator

Never answered Spooks' question smh.

In all seriousness though, The application is well written and I believe with a bit of perseverance and effort you'll have no problem becoming Trial-Mod. However, getting yourself out there is probably the one thing I'd recommend you to work on. For now I'll give you a Neutral leaning towards a +1.

If you get yourself out there and portray yourself as a role-model to the players, I'd be more than happy to change my vote to a full +1

14. PartAlien

PartAlien Member
    Donator

Thank you very much carrot, I will be trying my best to put myself out there

15. Shenpai

Shenpai Forum Manager
    Forum Manager Teamspeak Manager Donator

I remember telling you to wait a while and gain respect before appyling for staff and I said it for a reason mainly people dont know you enough.

I'd also like to comment on how you're handling this app because you shouldn't joke on it even if spooks does (minge). You dont need to comment on every response simply speak to them on ts, forum pm or in game it makes you look desperate if you respond to every post.

Improve on this and I'll change my vote.

-1 goodluck my dude

• YEET YEET x 1
  16. LukeTSD

LukeTSD Member

Hello Alien re did my reply!

17. Valathi

Valathi Member
    Donator

You're really friendly to others which is wonderful to see but you need to get your self out there more, allowing players to get to know you more. Going on TS and talking to others is a good start. Lately, I have been seeing you asking other to check your Moderator Application, which it sounds desperate just as Shenpai said
    I'm willing to change until I see improvement other than that, I wish the best of luck to you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1